Lets see your garden !

Season is over. had 10 plantings this year. we ate just picked fresh sweet corn from July 4 to mid October. I actually broke the fence Oct 1 and the coons never found out, they were trained by then.

Coons are easy, it is the squirrels that are hard to stop around here. They climb the power poles, run down the power line, jump from the power line to the roof and from the roof into the garden.

But then they kind of did not really care for the taste of the Carolina Reapers.....:devil:

My real job is a small commercial orchard and roadside market.

Deer browsing can be absolutely awful on just planted trees. We went to putting cloth bags of ground up and dried meat scraps on each tree monthly.

The coyotes found these bags were a real treat. so we added habernarow (sp??) pepper to the mix. Only ONE bag was missing the next morning. Wish I had been there to see it.

Only have a small kitchen garden, 4 plots lined with granite cobble stones. In it we (I) grow tomatoes, garlic, onions, cucumbers, some basil, dill, sage, parsley, raspberries, some chili peppers, and a few oddball items in pots, like figs, limes, and orange, and coffee. As usual, things are out of control. Go away for two weeks and the weeds take over! One of the coffee plants is indoors, because it is full of cherries, don't want the birds to get my precious coffee! My coffee plant had a big harvest for this year - first time ever. Might even be able to make a single cup of coffee. I had picked most of it, when this picture was taken. Poor plant needs to be outside, once I pick it clean, I will bring it out to the shade.
View attachment 413453View attachment 413454View attachment 413455View attachment 413456View attachment 413458View attachment 413459View attachment 413460View attachment 413461View attachment 413462View attachment 413463View attachment 413464

My wife is in charge of the flowers. She does a great job of it. When I get outside again, I will take some pics. Put in irrigation for her plants. Mostly drip irrigation. Conserves water by getting the water just at the roots. Keeps down weeds. My irrigation system is run by a Raspberry Pi running OpenSprinkler Pi. It's a heck of a lot more flexible than the old Rainbird controller I had. I can add over 128 zones. Currently running 16.
This is the garden of a happy man

Back