Lets See Your Shop!

I looked and didn't see a thread about this so I figured I start one.I've only been working on my shop about 4 years! First three pictures our of SWMO'S shop cause thats one way to get to mine. I still need to finish hers but need to plane some more oak for more trim.

The forth one is a covered walk way to mine. Next is my computer desk,Next is Hight Gauges and some of my oil cans. Then some model Harley Choppers. Machinerys Hand Books I'm trying to get all of them.

Paul
SWMOShop.jpg
SWMOShop2.jpg
DoorToHouse.jpg
OwningToMyShop.jpg
ComputerDesk.jpg
HightGaogesAndOilCans.jpg
Choppers.jpg
MachinerysHandbook.jpg
I looked and didn't see a thread about this so I figured I start one.I've only been working on my shop about 4 years! First three pictures our of SWMO'S shop cause thats one way to get to mine. I still need to finish hers but need to plane some more oak for more trim.

The forth one is a covered walk way to mine. Next is my computer desk,Next is Hight Gauges and some of my oil cans. Then some model Harley Choppers. Machinerys Hand Books I'm trying to get all of them.

Paul
SWMOShop.jpg
SWMOShop2.jpg
DoorToHouse.jpg
OwningToMyShop.jpg
ComputerDesk.jpg
Choppers.jpg
MachinerysHandbook.jpg

SWMOShop.jpg

SWMOShop2.jpg

DoorToHouse.jpg

OwningToMyShop.jpg

ComputerDesk.jpg

Choppers.jpg

MachinerysHandbook.jpg

Built in 1946, my shop is old, but it serves me well though it is getting small.
The wife says "No more buildings"! I guess that is why the neighbors call me the tool man- I can't quit the habit.

I have this video that shows part of the shop. The rest is a mess due to projects and I'm re-doing my space since the new lathe takes up so much space.

Thank you extropic,

18 fixtures did a nice job illuminating the shop. I did wire in additional switched receptacles around the upper perimeter (switches low and receptacles high) for future neon signs and or task lighting. So far so good! I quickly learned to only turn on the bays that require lighting as the power bill reflects usage. Lol! The "bodega" as my wife and I call the shop combined with our home we share with our four GSD require KW's, especially during the summer months. The "Germans" like the house cold so the Mexicans pay the bill hahaha. We love our animals.
From the left: Valkyrie, Phalanx, Gladius and Hercules. (highjack complete, sorry)
View attachment 106829

In the end, I ended up with five extra fixtures that quickly sold to a neighbor to replace his old T-10's in his garage.

Take care,
Paco

That dog on the left just won my heart with that look. I want him.!!

Hi WalterC,
Valkyrie has a beautiful disposition about her, of all the GSD I have had the pleasure of owning, this girl is the most loving requiring a lot of touching. Don't be fooled by her innocent looks as she is very protective of us.

Pilot light for compressed air system.
I seem to find myself forgetting to shut down the auto dump, refrigeration and compressor itself at the end of the day. Not really a big deal other than every 40 minutes the auto dumps for 2.5 seconds resulting in unnecessary release of air to the outside (loud). My neighbor installs barrier arms and auto gates for a living and came across a NIB traffic signal left over from a government job. I installed the signal wired it into the switched receptacle that powers the auto dump and refrigeraton unit. No excuses now. If I leave the system on, I've gone blind! The light is bright and is visible from all angles of the shop. The light look pretty darn cool in the shop,on or off.
20150326_143128.jpg 20150714_124100.jpg 20150714_124125.jpg

Pilot light for compressed air system.
I seem to find myself forgetting to shut down the auto dump, refrigeration and compressor itself at the end of the day. Not really a big deal other than every 40 minutes the auto dumps for 2.5 seconds resulting in unnecessary release of air to the outside (loud). My neighbor installs barrier arms and auto gates for a living and came across a NIB traffic signal left over from a government job. I installed the signal wired it into the switched receptacle that powers the auto dump and refrigeraton unit. No excuses now. If I leave the system on, I've gone blind! The light is bright and is visible from all angles of the shop. The light look pretty darn cool in the shop,on or off.
View attachment 107640 View attachment 107641 View attachment 107642

Cool idea on the traffic light for your compressor.

Tell me more about your Duramax. I have an 06 that is white with a 6" RCD lift and 36" tires that I love. Been thinking about building a rear bumper with a tire carrier as I am tired of having it lying in the bed of the truck. I would love to see some more pics and details of the truck and your rear bumper with tire carrier. What size tires are you running?

Thanks.

Mike.

Cool idea on the traffic light for your compressor.

Tell me more about your Duramax. I have an 06 that is white with a 6" RCD lift and 36" tires that I love. Been thinking about building a rear bumper with a tire carrier as I am tired of having it lying in the bed of the truck. I would love to see some more pics and details of the truck and your rear bumper with tire carrier. What size tires are you running?

Thanks.

Mike.

Mike,

the rig is a 05 GMC Sierra (LLY) duramax 2500HD. The lift is 6" Fabtech and the tire size is LT325/65R-18.
I will write up the bumper build in the welding/fab section as to not deviate from this "Lets see your shop" thread.
Take care,
Paco

Here's a few pictures of my shop. I just had the outside painted as the outside metal was getting faded (22 yrs old) and the addition was a slightly different shade due to the fading. It now matches the house color and ties everything together.

paint-before.JPG
paint-after.JPG
machine4.JPG
machine3.JPG
machine1.JPG machine2.JPG

Back