Lets See Your Shop!

Nice work space, and in the wilderness to boot! You are blessed man.

LOL, not wilderness but we do have 5 ac. We are actually in the Portland metro area just outside the built up areas so we have the convenience of the city with the space of the country. Best of all worlds while it lasts.

Yup, it is the best of both worlds. I like it out here. As long as they don't change the Urban Growth Boundary we have it made.

Yup, it is the best of both worlds. I like it out here. As long as they don't change the Urban Growth Boundary we have it made.

Hey Jim, I finely found the replacement mill for the bench top. A Jet 9x49 came up for sale on craigslist, var speed head, 3ph with VFD and 3 axis DRO. He's the second owner, lightly used in a home shop for the last 6 years, and is also selling a Jet lathe and several other items. Delivery to my shop (only 6 miles from his place) is included so I'm pretty stoked. Now to sell my PF45 clone.

Re-organized the machining area when I got my new mill. I swapped the mill and lathe positions to better suit the larger mill. Still need to work on tool storage for the items used the time.
space1.JPG

Wow your shop looks huge! High ceilings too
Getting things set up nice is half the work.

Looks like it was made to fit there!

It's not much, but I'll play. Mother Superior allocated half of the garage for my machines and the other half for her CTS and she would not budge. I have to make do with the space, the latest acquisitions are or will be on wheels, including the 10x24 lathe. The bench grinder is on a steel truck wheel with an inch plate welded to it for ballast to the massive grinder. The HF special band saw will get a base on wheels, and so would the floor drill press. Just waiting on my welder so I can fab the bases.

DSC_3978.JPG 20150802_075522.jpg DSC_3963.JPG DSC_3964.JPG DSC_3965.JPG DSC_3966.JPG DSC_3967.JPG DSC_3968.JPG DSC_3969.JPG DSC_3970.JPG DSC_3971.JPG DSC_3972.JPG DSC_3973.JPG DSC_3974.JPG DSC_3975.JPG DSC_3976.JPG

Last edited:
Back