Link belt drives

Oldseabee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Whats a high quality link belt you can recommend? There are now lots of competitors making these with prices all over yhe place.
Thanks
Mike

Thanks. That is one brand I have checked on. Sounds great.

I've always/only used Fenner link belts, their red Power Twist line to be exact. They have other types too.

You can actually buy the green Accu-Link link belt in store at Harbor Freight. They only carry one size/profile though. Can use the 20-25% coupons for them too.

I've always/only used Fenner link belts, their red Power Twist line to be exact. They have other types too.

You can actually buy the green Accu-Link link belt in store at Harbor Freight. They only carry one size/profile though. Can use the 20-25% coupons for them too.
Yeah, I forgot about them selling those belts. Seems strange that they sell these USA made belts (isn't all there stuff Chinese?).
Here is a picture of my "B" profile Accu-Link installed.

Edit: Bah! I just noticed after looking at my picture the the belts are not on in the same orientation. LOL. Does that matter?

Attachments

• PXL_20230623_234812493.jpg
    PXL_20230623_234812493.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 18
Seems strange that they sell these USA made belts (isn't all there stuff Chinese?).
Here is a picture of my "B" profile Accu-Link installed.
That's a common misconception about them, well now a days anyway. Way back in the day that might have been more true. There are name brand products that they sell that aren't their own brand/made for them, these link belts for example, made in USA. They used sell some Milwaukee tools also. I do realize that HF's quality has gone way up in the past decade but like many I too think of them as cheap tools in the back of my head & many refuse to believe that. There are still things I would never buy from them but there are many things I have bought from them that are actually pretty decent.

But they also sell products that are their own that are actually made in Taiwan & yes USA. Not anything expensive anyway (decades ago they sold some Taiwanese machinery). I forget what I saw that was made in the USA, was like their super glue, epoxy, or threadlocker or something like that.

Well my old US General air compressor from them is actually considered made in USA (same thing as a BelAire made by ABAC). They long stopped selling them though. I got a great deal on it used & I only expected to use it for a few yrs but the thing has given me zero problems & keeps on going. For what I sold my Craftsman/DeVilbiss 20gal, I basically paid $5 for the additional 40gal upgrade.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not praising them but I don't hate them & I'm not ashamed to shop there (again for certain things). But I do still have my old mindset that I won't buy from them without a coupon. haha. So that means I don't go very often.

BTW, I believe the one size they sell for the Accu-Link is "A" (1/2" width)

Bah! I just noticed after looking at my picture the the belts are not on in the same orientation. LOL. Does that matter?
Lol. Sort of, well it won't really hurt anything but I would swap it whenever you get the chance. Link belts are not recommended to be ran in reverse. I do it all the time & have for the past 10+yrs. Haven't notice any adverse effects on the belts but they are noisier when ran in reverse. My guess is they may slip easier if ran in reverse.

Oh yeah, here's one. Needed another cut off wheel adapter one day, didn't want to order one from Amazon and wait (the 1-2 days lol). When I got home I was surprised to see this.

20200414_171117.jpg20200414_171145.jpg20200414_203821.jpg

I went to our local HF and picked up a set yesterday. They will not work for me so now I'm back to V belts.

Back