Msc/enco Worried?

$101.96 for the tap wrench.
$18.09 for the file.
I think they like you better... 8^)

Regardless, I am done with MSC.

That's still pretty good & I'd be happy with that. It's just too bad to hear their customer service is not the same for everyone. But then again same goes for me with places like Grizzly, Travers, & KBC, I avoid them where others love them. Some hate Zoro, I like them.

This happens with all sorts of vendors not just limted to machining related. Guess I'm just lucky to have a local MSC outlet with great people. I have my own opinion on why it might happen & places like Enco go under but I won't speak about that. I'll carry on.

Here's a test....I'm just curious. I currently have these 2 items in my cart with no codes applied. What prices do you guys see on them?

I see the exact same prices you do.

Regardless, I am done with MSC.

why don't you unsubscribe from this thread then? It seems like every time you respond, your comments are negative. It's starting to feel like you have a personal grudge against the company.

I see the exact same prices you do.

Then I really don't understand why people are saying their prices are so high? I've never had a bad experience with MSC long before I had a local outlet.

No, I never did. I've been purchasing from MSC as long as I have from Enco.

My account was transferred and merged with an old MSC account I had. I wonder if they just auto merged you account or something like that.

I think the number on reason people complain, is because they don't log into the site when they start shopping. If you don't log in you will only see the full retail prices. I just logged out and re added the tap wrench and files to my cart, $120.24, & 247.80.

The other major reason I think people get bent out of shape, is because MSC works just like my local Fastenal. If Joe shmoe walks in off the street, he pays full retail. If someone walks in with a business account, they are on a different pricing tier. If somone walks in from the local UNiversity, they are on a different tier.

If you had your Enco account transferred over, i think they stuck us in some special pricing tier.

My account was transferred and merged with an old MSC account I had. I wonder if they just auto merged you account or something like that.

I think the number on reason people complain, is because they don't log into the site when they start shopping. If you don't log in you will only see the full retail prices. I just logged out and re added the tap wrench and files to my cart, $120.24, & 247.80.

The other major reason I think people get bent out of shape, is because MSC works just like my local Fastenal. If Joe shmoe walks in off the street, he pays full retail. If someone walks in with a business account, they are on a different pricing tier. If somone walks in from the local UNiversity, they are on a different tier.

If you had your Enco account transferred over, i think they stuck us in some special pricing tier.

That's quite possible & makes sense. Yes I too have just been using my existing MSC account. As you probably know MSC keeps you semi logged in. When ever I search for something I just go the the item page to see my pricing or add to cart. But if you try to access account settings or other you have enter in your password.

Yes I agree on what you are saying. Quite often when I'm in the store & returning customers come in, I always hear the guys say "x costs this much but I can give you x% off & your price is x". Of course it's a marketing/selling technique & you might not really be getting a deep discount as they make it sound but their prices are always more than fair for many of the things I buy. Of course not always but I can't complain.

I used to have this mentality that MSC would always be more expensive than others. And in the past couple of years I have been wrong a number of times. Not too long ago it happened again, I was looking for a particular item, searched ebay & Amazon first. Ebay had a slightly better price than Amazon for that item so I purchased it on ebay. Then I happened to check MSC & sure enough it was cheaper by a couple of bucks.

why don't you unsubscribe from this thread then? It seems like every time you respond, your comments are negative. It's starting to feel like you have a personal grudge against the company.
Dan, again, this is my thread. I started it. I do log on, actually stay logged on or they recognize who is inquiring, and I always see my name at the top of the page. They know who it is. I have sold parts wholesale and retail for decades, in a similar type of business, with similar customers. I understand service, care for customers, and building a relationship. My account was also merged. The problems are with not caring about customers. It also appears that their problems are top down. It is not a personal grudge, it is being incredulous that I can do business with them multiple times and have a problem with each and every order that is entirely theirs and they will not even admit to it without an argument. I go out of my way to be friendly with them and just explain the problem(s), but it falls on deaf ears. Some people like to be masochists, I don't...

Back