MUTOH DRAFTING MACHINE HEAD PART DRAWINGS/MECHANISM PHOTOS

Hi Pitton,
Any progress on finding the part or drawings?...I have a Mutoh, that, knock on wood, is still working, but it was bought new in 1986, so I find one that was maybe even older by a bit, that I bought as a back up, just in case. It has the same issue as yours with the locking/not locking at 15, 30, etc degrees. Also, it needs the "skid plate" like the one that Long Roof has (studs are sheared off on the bottom four screws...Appreciate any help from anyone.
Auggiemize (Dave V. in NC USA)

I also wonder if there is anyone (still alive) that does repair...I still use my machine daily; I am a dinosaur, but not yet a fossil.

Hi Dave,
Unfortunately, no news to date. I got some answers by Members of the forum (i really appreciate the kindness of all which answered to me, thanks to everybody). I tried to ask for an assembly drawings of the drawing of the missing part to the company which took over Mutoh business. They do not produce anymore drafting machines, they moved to plotter market, so my request should not interfere with their business. Unfortunately, they did not answer, therefore the sole option should be to find somebody which has exactly the same model and can share with us some photos of the inner mechanism. My Mutoh is model L-2.
Let's keep in touch, updating each other if we get any new.
I wishbto you and to all Members Merry Christmas and happy 2024, rich of peace and health.

Pitton

Hi Pitton,
Thanks for the quick reply...I know that, like me, you are anxious to learn the proper repair, to actually use your drafting machine. I will certainly share any information that I get.
I share your holiday wishes; especially the part of peace and health.
Dave V.

Thanks Dave, let's keep in touch and, once again best greetings !
Mauro

If need a complete machine with head I have two machines.
If come by price great if I t0 have box to ship it $50.00 plus flat rate shipping from FedEx.
I stop using them back in 1970's 1970's

Dave

Hi, Dave.

Which model are the two machines you have available ? do you have any photo ?

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Mauro

Current machines...First three photos in use now...Drafter LM....c.1985-ish
Last four photos are the unit I just bought that needs the same repair as yours, (as well as a new plastic plate) Its just a Model L.
Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the photos - you have a good collection of drafting machines, in good shape, despite the missing parts - I'll continue the search of at least a picture with all the parts, including the ones missing, so that perhaps I can manufacture the missing item, so that the drafting machine is again with all its functionalities.
let's keep in touch, happy new year!
Mauro

Back