My back

I skimmed through the responses so this may have been covered. I have a bad back as well, when it acts up it's painful beyond words I mean cry like a baby painfull. No exaggeration 10x more pain than a broken bone. Two things that have helped me.
1) heat, my wife picked up one of those plug in wrap around heaters. Obviously you cant use it at work but when you get home and are relaxing. I have mine attached to the back of my computer chair. It seems like the relief it offers is not instant but continues to help for hours afterward. Regular use on the low setting seems to really help.
2) during one episode I had to go to the hospital ER, they gave me a shot of Toradol (muscle relaxant) worked wonders, they also prescribed Naproxen. Both were very effective for me.

I should mention I don't normally take any medication other than perhaps a few tylenol per year. I'm bordering on medication paranoid. That being said when my back starts acting up I try to get a head of it starting with the heat, for the last few years when I know I'm about to get really bad when I just start getting the electrical shock like back spasms I take one Naproxen and it seems to settle things down and not let the spasms get started, because for me once they start its a snowball effect.

Might not work for you but it's working for me now for three years.

If you can find a good one acupuncture is worth a try but real or good practitioners are as rare as hens teeth.
I have never found anyone like the old Chinese lady who did my back in the UK. She was brilliant.

With the advances in medicine it’s disappointing they aren’t able to help you more. It’s no fun. I understand. Had back surgery way back in the late 1970s.

Hey Charlie, sorry to hear about your tough time. It sounds like you've been through a lot. Venting is totally okay, and it's important to take care of yourself. Hopefully, the spinal shot helps with the pain. Hang in there, my friend. We're here for you if you need to talk.

So sorry to hear of your issue. Amazing how life can change in the blink of the eye. Hang in there.

Hey Charlie, sorry to hear about your tough time. It sounds like you've been through a lot. Venting is totally okay, and it's important to take care of yourself. Hopefully, the spinal shot helps with the pain. Hang in there, my friend. We're here for you if you need to talk.
I have some issues with my back, too, but the doctor said back braces should help. So far, I have checked artikmed.com. Have you heard of them, guys? Please give me your recommendations!

Back