New Addition To The Family

wanted finish saw today went out on long errand this Am …. than got sidetracked fixing another cooks mess ( axle supports ) So I intergraded and improvised. . Here is a few pics so far . Computer crapped out I had a draft written but lost it ..... so ya get bullet point version .

As far as leg supports was gona just add oak 4x4 add arch profile and be done and over with it . Well than I got thinkin and rem a nice hunk of T6 alum from scrap yard that would be perfect to finish base supports. Here's a coffee break first draft and than my change lol... ohh got to try out my new compound slider for table saw . On one of the forums one fella was askin if you can cut alum on table saw . The answe is Yup Bc I have a crappy delta and the shaft / blade runs out ... Anyways well here ya have it 1-1/2 x 5 inch alum sliced and diced . Dont furget safey glasses on this one.... check out thse ole school 80's glasses found in tool box .

Well Not bad with a junky saw and a <60T blade . Slow and steady works like charm . Im sure when I get my 80T blade work even better.

So thats about it topped off with a nice lunch by the Mrs . I o I o my break is over …need to finish drilling / tapping mounting screws and add angles to base with base archway and be done and over with the mods pt this dang thing back together already. Btw I tried out the new mill and its slows me down up and down up and down (limited quill travel ) now I dunno im realy thinkin considering the getting the next size mill . Was just able to pull off a 5/16 -18 taping operation. But had to finagle a bit to do it. Doesnt seem to have adequate toque even low speed with the magic Juice too .. ;)
DSCF0962.JPG DSCF0963.JPG DSCF0964.JPG DSCF0975.JPG DSCF0967.JPG DSCF0961.JPG DSCF0968.JPG DSCF0970.JPG DSCF0971.JPG DSCF0972.JPG DSCF0969.JPG DSCF0974.JPG

that's it done .... last mods for band saw done , Next putter all back together > need to do a little polishing parts/details and modify a new handle but thats a wrap...... prob goin down to the boats fishin after supper all this week . Got some catching up to do......”Catching” up to do “ get it?

Sun night only had 4 hrs sleep and had 3/4 bot whine with a garage dinner. Not pretty ..... I don't say it much but good enough . Besides you wont seemem not even gona paintem but they will serve the purpose.DSCF0980.JPG DSCF0982.JPG DSCF0983.JPG DSCF0985.JPG

Ok, what's the story with the menu board behind your mill? Oh, and what are the parts for?

Oops, just reread previous re: brackets, my bad. Still wondering about the menu though

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Long story bout the letter boud . . hers a short one.... bought restaurant stuff many moons ago was gona open a luncheonette . Guess the lord had other plans ...got married kids you know the drill... Well about 15 years back when I was between jobs I built and opened a food trailer in Coney Island ( one season) Long story ..put it this way all and still organized crime there.... not for me......
anyways ....... after Huricane sandy hit I donated all food equipment I had left to our Church outreach ..... that menu is last of the memories . it was hangin in garage for 15 years had to move it recently to put in grinder bench ...lol no where to hang so I guess ill fill the holes with chips....

Makes a good conversation piece! This life sure has some funny twists n turns! (Odd, not necessarily funny 'haha')

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My long lost project of restoring my band saw .Only been about 3 months...

Had some company over today …. after dinner and coffee was able to escape to garage and start putting this thing back together . Boy it was Ez to take apart finding all the parts to put back together is another thing..lol.. at first couldn’t find the motor mount Bolts so moved on to other things . Ended up spotting them where I left em ..(.in the tray of my tool creeper ) . Few upgrades. Beefed up suspension wheel and leg supports , w/ 8” DP vice conveniently hung on front base as a counterweight Prob will be used for vertical sawing . Now that I finally got started , prob finish the job in next week or so... Its all WIP ...Stay tuned

DSCF1630.JPG DSCF1633.JPG DSCF1634.JPG

Nice job on the saw. I have a similar one, They all seem to require a little love to cut decent, but they work well enough for what they are. Snow on the ground here, so the bike has been parked until spring. Mike

Nice job on the saw. I have a similar one, They all seem to require a little love to cut decent, but they work well enough for what they are. Snow on the ground here, so the bike has been parked until spring. Mike
thanks Mike .. I dunno how ya Hold up in Colorado with all that snow never mind the cold.. guess ya get used to it like anywhere ya live ..I live on east coast Joisey that is .. and have enough of winter By Jan than still gota wait 5 more months till decent weather ... Over here with the crazy weather ,barely spring and fall anymore and Summer goes by so fast....
I tlked with one of the bro's at the Naval Port in Va a few weeks ago .. he said T-Shirt all year ..... Im lovin it Hope and praying for the call

Back