New Atlas lower cross slide

thanks! I've just finished making a jig to hold the gib at an angle to cut the top and bottom, so hopefully I'll get to that tonight. Having a "mill", even if it's only a converted drill press, is simply awesome.

btw - can you sand brass? I know that you're not supposed to sand cast iron as it leaves abrasives in the metal, not so sure about brass though.

Cast iron is very porous brass is not you should be fine. Ray

- - - Updated - - -

WOW nice job Ray

Thanks You Ray

wow, that is one beautiful piece of work, nice job! Couldn't see the brass gib you made though - I was interested to see if I'm heading in the right direction with the ones I'm making

I'm working on brass gibs too, for the Grizzly table I've got for my mill (I think I can call it a mill now).

Cast iron is very porous brass is not you should be fine. Ray

thanks Ray!

I'm working on brass gibs too, for the Grizzly table I've got for my mill (I think I can call it a mill now).

ooh, sweet, looking forward to seeing that. If my 15in WT can pretend to be a mill, I've no doubt your monster DP qualifies :)

Outstanding work!!! I like this idea....

Question about your lathe: What is the mechanism with the dial on the leadscrew adjacent to the QCGB?

That is an engine degree wheel I used it to cut the degrees for the compound. Ray

Back