New press

snoopdog

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Bought this at an auction a couple weeks ago. Need to get it finished up.
20231106_085731.jpg
20231108_154625.jpg

What the heck is it Snoop? Hydraulic? What do you think it was for? Love the long heavy cast iron table but why the groove down the middle? Looks like it might be great for straightening stuff. More pics of the top of the head please.

What the heck is it Snoop? Hydraulic? What do you think it was for? Love the long heavy cast iron table but why the groove down the middle? Looks like it might be great for straightening stuff. More pics of the top of the head please.
if you look, the holder there is keyed (built in), so it is for alignment and holding the holders (fixtures ) where they need to be.
And sure it could be used for a rod. Why not be able to fix things over the centered longitude.

Yes, it has a through hydraulic ram, guessing 4-6 ton. I'm thinking a shaft straightener, the dovetailed piece on the front is bolted. The fixture slides , but isn't attached. I'll try and get some more pics.

Yes, it has a through hydraulic ram, guessing 4-6 ton. I'm thinking a shaft straightener, the dovetailed piece on the front is bolted. The fixture slides , but isn't attached. I'll try and get some more pics.
kind of looks like a crimper with that fixture.

Do you think there was supposed to be two of those fixtures so you could mount a shaft between them with some kind of piece on the inside to hold the shaft from turning? That’s the kind of tool you just know somewhere along the line the collection of fixtures that went with this either got scattered or tossed.

Do you have a hydraulic pump for the ram? Personally this is the kind of setup that I’d mount an arbor press to. I love that long heavy cast iron table.

That was my first impression, a straightening press.

That was my first impression, a straightening press.
Have you ever seen or been around a straightening press? Looked up straightening press and got a lot of pics of automatic ones but nothing as basic as Snoops. Sure cleaned up nice.

Have you ever seen or been around a straightening press? Looked up straightening press and got a lot of pics of automatic ones but nothing as basic as Snoops. Sure cleaned up nice.
I have not, it was just the first thing that came to mind. All it needs is a pair of vee blocks.

Do you think there was supposed to be two of those fixtures so you could mount a shaft between them with some kind of piece on the inside to hold the shaft from turning? That’s the kind of tool you just know somewhere along the line the collection of fixtures that went with this either got scattered or tossed.

Do you have a hydraulic pump for the ram? Personally this is the kind of setup that I’d mount an arbor press to. I love that long heavy cast iron table.
I think there were probably 2 of the fixtures, no pump yet. Possibly for armatures originally, I dk. I bought this rewinder at the same sale, I just wanted the table, as you can see very heavy duty.
17003412882518394386962629610804.jpg
17003413648235414349199318053083.jpg

Back