New press

I think there were probably 2 of the fixtures, no pump yet. Possibly for armatures originally, I dk. I bought this rewinder at the same sale, I just wanted the table, as you can see very heavy duty. View attachment 467251View attachment 467252
Some machines I can see the function, but that thing I’d have to see it working to see how that’s a rewinder. Lots of great parts for repurposing though.

I should have bought 2 of these fortheprice, cleaning it up and freeing it up today. Got a pickup load of pipe and solid stock and these 3 machines for less than 2 Franklin's.
20231118_142127.jpg

Continuing on, I don't understand why the fixture would have been bolted down, for straightening.
20231119_173148.jpg
20231119_173127.jpg

I have a couple of adjustable height V blocks that would be perfect for that. You can see them to the bottom left of the pic, next to the comparator stand
IMG20231119115439.jpg

Probably an earlier version of the pic I attached. When I worked in the grinding shop, they had a similar bench test centers with adjustable V-blocks and a moveable over arm screw type press to apply pressure to straighten.

Attachments

• IMG_3519.jpeg
    IMG_3519.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 41
When I searched “crankshaft straightener” I came up with the big brother:

and looking at the fixture that came bolted to it my swag was it was made to slip in on the end of the crank with the flange and take the bow out of the crank.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpeg
    IMG_0594.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0595.jpeg
    IMG_0595.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 46
When I searched “crankshaft straightener” I came up with the big brother:

and looking at the fixture that came bolted to it my swag was it was made to slip in on the end of the crank with the flange and take the bow out of the crank.
Aha! A friend asked me, and that was one of my original suspicions, a smaller version. Thanks.

Back