New press

Ever since I quit using google to search and only use DuckDuckGo I’ve had way better search results. Just putting in shaft straightener came up with mostly automatic and a few crank straightener but they all had the dual channel iron beds. But as usual these picture searches come up with close associated stuff. So when I put in crankshaft straightener that’s where I got those pic. As you can see it’s at an auction by everything having tags on it. In the original search gun barrel straighteners that looked very similar also came up. I think this machine was very specific to some process or why would you have that very specialized fixture and have it bolted? I guess it could have been to straighten and armature after rewinding dunno.

Whole ‘nuther world I had no clue about. Thanks for posting and expanding my horizons.

Ever since I quit using google to search and only use DuckDuckGo I’ve had way better search results. Just putting in shaft straightener came up with mostly automatic and a few crank straightener but they all had the dual channel iron beds. But as usual these picture searches come up with close associated stuff. So when I put in crankshaft straightener that’s where I got those pic. As you can see it’s at an auction by everything having tags on it. In the original search gun barrel straighteners that looked very similar also came up. I think this machine was very specific to some process or why would you have that very specialized fixture and have it bolted? I guess it could have been to straighten and armature after rewinding dunno.

Whole ‘nuther world I had no clue about. Thanks for posting and expanding my horizons.
It makes sense, we have a Baldor plant here, and this guy was THE local shop, just a few blocks away.

Back