New slicks

Just thinking the car is moving well on the low end, I don't know the weight, but 135 @ 9.40s is a little low in the MPH isn't it? Very impressive :encourage:

Just thinking the car is moving well on the low end, I don't know the weight, but 135 @ 9.40s is a little low in the MPH isn't it? Very impressive :encourage:
It's not light, all glass, most sheetmetal, these cars push as much wind as a 55, won't run the mph, as a similar yr camaro, similarly equipped. 3k is probably close on the weight.

I drove my brother’s drag car a couple of times. I don’t remember but 11 or so seconds was plenty for me.

Just getting started.... :grin: :grin: :grin:
If you have 80K or so new show room cars have license to go 9.0 now in NHRA without roll bars, the driver still has to have a competition license though.

Just getting started.... :grin: :grin: :grin:
If you have 80K or so new show room cars have license to go 9.0 now in NHRA without roll bars, the driver still has to have a competition license though.
Well, I have not seen the latest NHRA rulebook, but I have serious doubts about them allowing a 9.0 car on the track/ without a rollbar, or a parachute.

Here you go,
Changes to the Street Legal program will allow racers with 2014 and newer OEM model-year production cars to run as quick as 9.00-seconds and/or 150-mph (5.65-eighth-mile). In addition, racers with 2008-2013 OEM model-year cars will still be permitted to run as quickly as 10.00-seconds and/or 135-mph (6.40-eighth-mile).

Here you go,
Changes to the Street Legal program will allow racers with 2014 and newer OEM model-year production cars to run as quick as 9.00-seconds and/or 150-mph (5.65-eighth-mile). In addition, racers with 2008-2013 OEM model-year cars will still be permitted to run as quickly as 10.00-seconds and/or 135-mph (6.40-eighth-mile).
PARACHUTE Mandatory on any car that runs 150 mph or faster. See General Regulations 4:8. ROLL BAR Roll bar mandatory in all cars (including T-tops) running 11.00 (*7.00) to 11.49 (*7.35), in convertibles running 11.00 (*7.00) to 13.49 (*8.25), and in all dune-buggy-type vehicles running 12.00 (*7.50) seconds and slower. Permitted in all cars. See General Regulations 4:10, 10:6. ROLL CAGE A roll cage is mandatory in cars running 10.99 (*6.99) or quicker or any car exceeding 135 mph. In full-bodied cars, with unaltered firewall, floor, and body (from firewall rearward, wheel tubs permitted), running between 10.00 (*6.40) and 10.99 (*6.99), roll bar permitted in place of roll cage. In convertibles running 10.99 or quicker or exceeding 135 mph, roll cage mandatory. Not trying to have a pi$$ing contest, BUT the street legal program has to comply with the ET series rules, along with ANY car in NHRA competition has to comply with the General Regulations.

The new Demon that debuted a little bit ago has a chute. I believe they have a spot behind the license plate.
It was on Tom Baileys channel from the Vegas show.
Joe

Back