Newcomer saying Hello

Thanks SouthernChap,
yes, I have looked on lathes,uk and he has a manual for Perfecto lathes but there is no mention of which models it covers, (not that I know my model no.) and, as you said, they are a bit pricy.
I know they are clones of Myford, in my case, I believe either 1 or 2, and parts are interchangeable so that is good to know.
I've watched and earmarked a lot of the Blondiehacks videos and am learning a lot from her.
I think your model is a combination of the designs of the ML2 and ML4.

Yeah, I only read the article last night, and yeah, I've forgotten already! :oops: :big grin: Let me go look. Yep 2 and 4.

If you have a spare minute sometime, you might want to shoot some photos of your lathe, along with any details like serial number, vital statistics, etc, and what narrative about its provenance you can come up with, to Tony.

He generally welcomes any extra information on any of the lathes in the archive, and who know? He might look kindly on your efforts and give you a discount (he might not; I don't know, I've never done anything like that). :)

Yeah, Quinn is a really good educator. She's one of the few I consider worthy of Patreon support. Steve Jordan is also pretty good as is Keith Appleton; lots of good information in their videos (albeit not as entertaining as Blondihacks ;)).

Oh, and This Old Tony packs a surprising amount of education into a lot of his videos, despite the appearance of being almost compulsively driven to making jokes (and he is funny, and pretty humble too; I admit to having a bit of a man-crush on him :oops::big grin:).

Just noticed you're a Romford boy. I'm in Sussex, and I think @GrifterGuru is in the South-East too (Kent? For some reason I have the idea he's in one of the Medway towns, that might be bollocks, though), so you have some fellow members not a million miles away.

Mind you, I'm still a complete wet-behind-the-ears, practically incompetent noob (with a penchant for making bad jokes at inappropriate moments also :oops::big grin:), @GrifterGuru, has much more knowledge and experience than me I'd say, and is probably the one you should have more respect for :)

(Although his taste in push-bikes is questionable :grin: )

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info SouthernChap,
I'll have another look on Lathes.uk once I've got the lathe settled in place in the garage and up and running. I haven't looked for serial nos, yet but will do at some point.
I suppose I'm lucky in that I have a 22' by 24' garage to play in but the old problem, the more space you have the more you need has cropped up and I really need to sort it out properly.
Thanks for the info on the other knowledgable people. I have a very good friend about 20 miles away who has a Grayson lathe and has made the bagpipe parts that I intend making, so I always have him to turn to, he doesn't do forums or very much on the internet, so he's not on here.
I'll have a look at the other videos on You Tube but I think I'll stick with Blondiehacks as it can all get a bit confusing .
By the way, nor really a Romford Boy, I'm Scottish through and through (hence the bagpipes which I've played for more years than I care to remember), but have lived here a long time due to working in London, but now long retired and looks like I'm here to stay.

Last edited:
Back