Newcomer saying Hello

Welcome !

Interesting bit of kit.
Thanks CraigH,
As I said I know nothing about metal lathes, but it all seems in perfect working order and came with 3 boxes of bits including 2 3 jaw chucks, a 4 jaw chuck, loads of cutters, mostly unused, spare tool posts and loads of other stuff I haven't identified yet.
As It was only £250. for the lot it would have been very rude of me not to rescue it.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info, and folk here. Cheers, Mike
Thanks Fomogo,
I'm pleased that you all welcome complete novices such as myself, and I'm sure you will forgive the seemingly stupid questions we all ask, but, as the old saying goes,,,,,,,

Thanks CraigH,
As I said I know nothing about metal lathes, but it all seems in perfect working order and came with 3 boxes of bits including 2 3 jaw chucks, a 4 jaw chuck, loads of cutters, mostly unused, spare tool posts and loads of other stuff I haven't identified yet.
As It was only £250. for the lot it would have been very rude of me not to rescue it.
Hi and welcome,

Looks like a fine starting point, feel free ask any questions about the machine or anything else here. We do tend to digress often and sometimes end up in a completely different place than what was originally asked.

But, £250?

Let me be the first to officially welcome you with the traditional great deal greeting.

:you suck:

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the welcome, Karl,
History was never my strong point and I don't know what king George did, but can I apologise on his behalf please?
I think we've worked through the differences since then....

1715359563081.png

Hi and welcome,

Looks like a fine starting point, feel free ask any questions about the machine or anything else here. We do tend to digress often and sometimes end up in a completely different place than what was originally asked.

But, £250?

Let me be the first to officially welcome you with the traditional great deal greeting.

:you suck:

Cheers,

John
Here in the Uk, if you say something sucks, it means it is absolute rubbish.
Suppose that applies to me, but I'm assuming (hopefully) it means something different in the good ole US of A,

Back