Newcomer saying Hello

Here in the Uk, if you say something sucks, it means it is absolute rubbish.
Suppose that applies to me, but I'm assuming (hopefully) it means something different in the good ole US of A,
Yes, means you got a great deal. The suckage part is we all wish we had gotten that deal.

It's a badge of honor around here ;)

John

Welcome.

Most of us on the far side of the pond have forgiven you for what King George did to us 250 years ago. :)
Pfft...forgive us?...

You started it; all that perfectly good tea. :finger wag:

Now, we've let you play unattended for a while (just like we've let the French temporarily, back in to Calais; they're still under the impression they own it) and give or take the odd mishap, you chaps have done pretty well, but we may still choose to take you rebellious colonials back under our supervision again.

:grin::grin::grin:

p.s. just to clarify, this is just a bit of light banter, not to be taken seriously. Supervising you lot would be akin to looking after a bunch of surly teenagers (who have easy access to intermediate calibre semi-auto firearms to boot) and trying to train cats to be useful game retrievers at the same time.:eek: Doubt it would be worth the candle. :dunno::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
Pfft...forgive us?...

You started it; all that perfectly good tea. :finger wag:

Now, we've let you play unattended for a while (just like we've let the French temporarily, back in to Calais; they're stil under the impression they own it) and give or take the odd mishap, you chaps have done pretty well, but we may still choose to take you rebellious colonials back under our supervision again.

:grin::grin::grin:
Uhhh come and take them.....:geek:

Welcome fellow countryman.

Nice looking lathe. :) I don't know if he has one for your Perfecto, but Tony over a lathes.co.uk has manuals for an awful lot of machines for sale (bit over-priced but the fella does run just about the most comprehensive information site on old lathes so we can forgive him that I think). If you're not familiar with the lathes.co.uk website, it's well worth a look. Clunky and stylistically outdated, I'll grant but a treasure-trove of information.

This forum has got to be one of, if not the friendliest machining forums so make sure you ask as many questions as you need. Someone will provide an answer.

One final recommendation. If you haven't already, check out the Blondihacks YouTube channel. Quinn Dunki has loads of brilliant beginner tutorial videos (she has a whole Lathe Skills playlist that's really good for those starting out) and she manages to be funny and a really good teacher.

She's also Canadian, so she's a step up from the usual rebellious colonial! :grin:

Uhhh come and take them.....:geek:
Well, if we do, you'll all thank us for it eventually.

You'll have the benefit of full access to decent chocolate and cheese, we'll build you some roundabouts and teach you all how to use a teapot!

:big grin:

(and maybe us Brits can have the chance to shoot at least a bloody .22 rimfire pistol again, without being convicted of possession of an illegal firearm)

They were telling you they are jealous...

Welcome fellow countryman.

Nice looking lathe. :) I don't know if he has one for your Perfecto, but Tony over a lathes.co.uk has manuals for an awful lot of machines for sale (bit over-priced but the fella does run just about the most comprehensive information site on old lathes so we can forgive him that I think). If you're not familiar with the lathes.co.uk website, it's well worth a look. Clunky and stylistically outdated, I'll grant but a treasure-trove of information.

This forum has got to be one of, if not the friendliest machining forums so make sure you ask as many questions as you need. Someone will provide an answer.

One final recommendation. If you haven't already, check out the Blondihacks YouTube channel. Quinn Dunki has loads of brilliant beginner tutorial videos (she has a whole Lathe Skills playlist that's really good for those starting out) and she manages to be funny and a really good teacher.

She's also Canadian, so she's a step up from the usual rebellious colonial! :grin:

Thanks SouthernChap,
yes, I have looked on lathes,uk and he has a manual for Perfecto lathes but there is no mention of which models it covers, (not that I know my model no.) and, as you said, they are a bit pricy.
I know they are clones of Myford, in my case, I believe either 1 or 2, and parts are interchangeable so that is good to know.
I've watched and earmarked a lot of the Blondiehacks videos and am learning a lot from her.

Welcome to the forums and the rabbit hole!

Back