Non-license version of AutoCAD

ARC-170

Jeff L.
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'd like to buy what used to be referred to as a perpetual license for AutoCAD LT. I found this site:

They have AutoCAD LT for about $60. It's a candle store, but they have Revit and AutoCAD. Odd, but it looks real enough.

I've read elsewhere that Autodesk has gone all-subscription so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to buy a version of this software.

I should mention I'm an educator and currently have access to all the software, but I'd like to get my own copy. I was able to do that with SolidWorks. I just use AutoCAD for 2D drawing layouts before I put them in SolidWorks.

Ehhh…I’m not so sure about that site….quick glance reveals the following:

1 year activation license,
AutoCAD 2024 education license,
…but can be used for business purpose…?
Revit - same deal can be used for business purposes…they wouldn’t say that out loud.

Plus an international phone number with a New York address.

And those prices…

It all seems too good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check how long that dns entry has been paid for. A lot of these are quick register, scam people and move on.

Yeah, I looked a little closer at it. I noticed the international phone number. The address is just a business park and that business isn't listed. Seems like an odd scam; a candle store selling CAD software? It's not even listed on the site; you have to search for it.

I didn't think the price was too out of line (LT used to be pretty cheap) until I read the "activation license" you mentioned. Thanks for pointing that out.

Looks like I'm going to have to keep using my educator's license and then find something else when I retire. I HATE subscriptions! Adobe did that and they ****** all kinds of people off. Of course, everyone that used pirated software bears some responsibility for that. But, had the software companies made cheap versions available for students and schools sooner, that may have been less of a problem. I'd like it if you could buy older versions of the software for cheap. I wouldn't expect support or upgrades, just a functional version of the program.

I use a license version of Autocad 2000 on Windows 11

You can find this version on internet for free. Later version do not work well.

Dave

I'd like to buy what used to be referred to as a perpetual license for AutoCAD LT. I found this site:

They have AutoCAD LT for about $60. It's a candle store, but they have Revit and AutoCAD. Odd, but it looks real enough.

I've read elsewhere that Autodesk has gone all-subscription so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to buy a version of this software.

I should mention I'm an educator and currently have access to all the software, but I'd like to get my own copy. I was able to do that with SolidWorks. I just use AutoCAD for 2D drawing layouts before I put them in SolidWorks.
AutoDesk use to not get bent out of shape if we liberated a copy for personal use becuase guys would do so and learn the software which increased the user base and by defualt companies would buy it over other software due to ease of locating folks that could use it, and the built a substantial market base. I today's world AutoDesk will try to take your house from you if they catch you with a bootleg copy, in the current enviroment I would not chance leasing (AutoDesk products are lease only now) their products from anyone other than them.

Also using Acad 2000, but mine won't run on 64-bit Windows. Running in a 32-bit WinXP virtual machine. We bought it back in the day, so screw 'em.

I purchased auto cad lt. and never could make it run. From auto cad. Still have the disks for all the good it does.

Try NanoCAD. Has most of the look and feel of AutoCAD, and the older version (V5) is free. I grew up on AutoCAD, but it was no longer compatible with Win7 and beyond. But I do use Fusion 360 for most work, mostly use NanoCAD for schematics, and a few other simple CAD tasks.

Also using Acad 2000, but mine won't run on 64-bit Windows. Running in a 32-bit WinXP virtual machine. We bought it back in the day, so screw 'em.
You download a 32 bit installer.
Here two I use for Autocad

Dave

Attachments

• Is3Engine.zip
    270.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Is5Launcher.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
Back