Oil based blue gray paint

Acetone and slow reducer are opposites.
Acetone is quick.
I don't use it for painting. I want a nice slow dry.
If I need a vertical surface I go lighter and more coats.
Mineral spirits all the way on oil.
I do understand what you’re saying about vertical surfaces though. You want some thing that gonna lay down but not sag on you too

I do understand what you’re saying about vertical surfaces though. You want some thing that gonna lay down but not sag on you too
I use to use retarder in humid weather when spraying lacquers. I haven't had to in a long while, as I haven't sprayed lacquer.

I use to use retarder in humid weather when spraying lacquers. I haven't had to in a long while, as I haven't sprayed lacquer.
I have seen a couple videos of guys using retarder but I have never tried it

Well a lot of good advice in here. I called The local Sherman Williams and they said “ sure, we can mix the Baby Seal Black from the other guy in an oil base enamel” so I went that route. I have some DuPont reducer from a long time ago still so using that to thin for flow. Although I could spray it I find just using a brush gives it that nice thick look and isn’t near as messy.

Well a lot of good advice in here. I called The local Sherman Williams and they said “ sure, we can mix the Baby Seal Black from the other guy in an oil base enamel” so I went that route. I have some DuPont reducer from a long time ago still so using that to thin for flow. Although I could spray it I find just using a brush gives it that nice thick look and isn’t near as messy.
Nothing wrong with using a good brush. I just finished up a trailer yesterday using oil based Rustoleum and some reducer. I did use a 2 part urethane DTM primer first. Turned out really nice looking

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    617.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0644.jpeg
    IMG_0644.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    891.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg