Oil based blue gray paint

You can get the Gardner almost anywhere online. Tractor supply has it I know. Over with the farm and implements paint section

If you use acetone and rustoleum, mix it 3 to 1 and add 1 part hardner and it with lay down like glass

You are correct. Hardner. ******* autocorrect
I have had some doozies with autocorrect, that it took me a few minutes to figure out what went wrong, and what I wrote about. Sometimes it really goes far off.

A little bit is good, but too much acetone with hardener will wrinkle the finish due to rapid volume reduction. The VM&P naphtha works nice to get it to lay down by dropping surface tension significantly (put an ounce or two for every five gallons in your gas tank and you'll swear your fuel injected car never ran so good- it's special stuff!). If you want to get it layed down even thinner, reducer works well because it dries out slower, giving the surface time to tighten up, but faster than mineral spirits. I think spirits is the best thinner for oil enamel if you've got the time for it to dry and cure.

A little bit is good, but too much acetone with hardener will wrinkle the finish due to rapid volume reduction. The VM&P naphtha works nice to get it to lay down by dropping surface tension significantly (put an ounce or two for every five gallons in your gas tank and you'll swear your fuel injected car never ran so good- it's special stuff!). If you want to get it layed down even thinner, reducer works well because it dries out slower, giving the surface time to tighten up, but faster than mineral spirits. I think spirits is the best thinner for oil enamel if you've got the time for it to dry and cure.
Sounds like you know your paint. Never tried it with anything but acetone and slow reducer. Both works well. I will have to try the Naptha.

I have had some doozies with autocorrect, that it took me a few minutes to figure out what went wrong, and what I wrote about. Sometimes it really goes far off.
I know right,lol. It can get you in trouble if your not careful

That’s the stuff,lol. I’ve used that brand as well as some Amazon hardner. Both worked equally well. I’m getting kind of hyped up with all the paint talk. I Thorpe enjoy spraying, especially with my Iwata W400 guns. The weather is starting to warm up a bit here in Alabama, so it won’t be long till I can finish some of my machines up with a nice coat of paint.

Sounds like you know your paint. Never tried it with anything but acetone and slow reducer. Both works well. I will have to try the Naptha.
Acetone and slow reducer are opposites.
Acetone is quick.
I don't use it for painting. I want a nice slow dry.
If I need a vertical surface I go lighter and more coats.
Mineral spirits all the way on oil.

Acetone and slow reducer are opposites.
Acetone is quick.
I don't use it for painting. I want a nice slow dry.
If I need a vertical surface I go lighter and more coats.
Mineral spirits all the way on
I understand they are on opposite ends of the spectrum but my point was this is pretty forgiving stuff when it comes down to it. It’s not like the Automotive paints I’m used to spraying at work. You can get by on a budget and have a nice durable finish. Every painter is different and for me slow reducer usually covers my needs here in Alabama where it’s hot and muggy. Mineral spirits stays open way too long for me. Especially if your fighting off insects,lol

Back