Old School

If your really old you might remember using rows of beads on wires.
It may have been when you were in that shoe box at bottom of river.

You might be old school if you still get and read one of these on a daily basis.

DSC02765.JPG

Ours is called the Bristol Herald. LOL Charles, I learned to use an ABACUS while attending grammer school. The old gent that ran the Chinese Laundry showed me how. His son was my best friend. ROTFLMBO

This isn't a great one, but a lot of guys at my work don't understand the concept of single point cutting.
So without further ado.
The fly cutter.
Grinding twist drills.
Anything hss.
I work with people who are 50+.

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk

Ours is called the Bristol Herald. LOL Charles, I learned to use an ABACUS while attending grammer school. The old gent that ran the Chinese Laundry showed me how. His son was my best friend. ROTFLMBO
And they are still in use in lots of asian businesses. I cant believe how fast they are, like greased lightning.

IMG_0799.JPGIMG_0800.JPG

I like to cook old school, can't get real ingredients anymore though.

I like to cook old school, can't get real ingredients anymore though.
As an ex pro I find most pre 1930 recipes pretty bland and uninteresting.
I have a heap of early cook books and the most interesting bits are the social commentary of the times.

You might be old school if you aren't reading forums on a screen of some sort.

You might be old school if you are watching the Indy 500 and all of the drivers have a mechanistic sitting next to them in the car.

You might be Old school if you know how to Draw File .
And you real might be old school if you know how to clean out a loaded up file without a file card which don't work on a loaded up file .

...... You know what a 78 is and how to play it on the Victrola.
...... 'Bought' your first hunting knife with S&H Stamps...
...... You know how to use the items show at the end of this post.

You might be old if you never left the house without your pocket knife. Most of us had a Barlow as Mumbly-peg was the norm. Also carried marbles and baseball cards. Pennies to, for playing pitch.
"Billy G"
I remember saving up for my first Barlow, and heading into Foss drug store in Golden Colorado to buy it.
Miss that knife...

If you used to take vacuum tubes to the drug store to use the tube tester there, and the store actually sold new tubes.
Grandparents had an RCA Store - Guess who checked the vacuum tubes?
The Rexall across the street had a tester also.
And currently Honey has bought (3) at estate sales in the past year and is waiting on me to test them.
(and I have a box full of tubes...)

You might be old school if your CAD system is a desk, a t-square, some triangles and an eraser mask, a rotary lead sharpener, some vellum, and various pencil leads from around 2B to 6H hardness in your mechanical pencils. Wait, that is my current CAD system, though more usually it is the back of an envelope...
VELLUM?! youngun' - Linen and pass me the ink quill... <GRIN>
I still have it all. Over (24) boxes of lead. Still collect lead holders, use them in the shop. Still use my Vemco compasses. Have three 'modern' Vemco V-Tracks in the rafters. Wish I had the room for a drafting table.

You might be old school if you programmed in Fortran using punch cards
pete
I've only got a half an inch of punch cards left for scratch paper... :-(

===

I still have a dimmer switch on the floor.
Need to find a good Necking Knob for said Jeep... Else convert to Power Steering.

There are currently two IBM Selectric II Typewriters sitting in the shop.
Both Busted in the same place... Heavy complicated suckers, that's for sure.

And even though everything we have has been converted to electronic ignition,
We have these in the shed:
P1070192rR.jpg

Back