Old School

There is a difference between being old school and just old. My late Father in Law, for example. had a pencil sharpener hanging next to the rotary wall phone in the shop. With a shelf above it full of analog gauges and a Simpson 160 volt meter. That made him old. He could also make a reproduction Model A fender spare tire well from a scrap of metal, some hammers, tin snips, and a oxy-acet torch. That is old school.

I still remember watching my father patch a crack in a pickup fender with an old coat hanger and a Oxy-act torch. Seems he could weld and braze almost anything including alum irrigation pipes, I was never that good at it. Melting through, things yea I could do that.

Dang, that isn't 'old school', that is 'talent'! I wish I had just 10% of that...

My old school approach - stick welding with DC (-) and 6011 with a Lincoln tombstone machine.

Vernier caliper . My first machine shop job the owner would not let me use a dial caliper because the pinion gear could jump in the rack .

dang, you guys are old. And it's old school just to know what 'points ' are. My original phone prefix was 'baldwin', btw. old school if DRO means ' dang, recked onother'.

You might be old school if your flat belt slips off the pulley;

Back