Operating Lever On Colchester Roundhead

Guys,I think I may have it.Well I had to do some rigging,I just don't see how it ever work before correctly,which I believe that is why someone remove the pin under the operating lever.What I did I just started over on it installing operating lever then next was the spring and the brake lever adjusting it so that there is enough clearance that it can still go over the stop pin than tighten the screws.Next is the part that the reverse lever rod connects to which it is shown in the manual with part #5280 but in the parts index its not there.In order for the reverse lever to fit back into place to mount to the original spot using a socket head screw that goes straight through,I had to cut that park off making it about 1/8 shorter which then allow me to install a spring on it according to the manual.Guys I hate having to cut that part off but had no choice if I wanted to have a positive stop/safety stop.Here's some pics in no order just for ya'll that responded to all the question,posting pics and just being there to help for entertainment purpose.
Next on my list is to get it all adjusted correctly and as you can see in the pic is a square head bolt,I don't know what its for other than maybe being in the way of the limit switch.

DSC02805.JPG DSC02802.JPG DSC02806.JPG DSC02804.JPG DSC02803.JPG DSC02801.JPG

doesn't the square headed screw adjust the cut in/out of the switch to the position of the lever ? please rub some old engine oil (diesel) its just look to nice with all that new paint you're making me feel guilty haha I'll go and put mine back together

Kiwi I did take pics before I took it apart so I could go back later and put it together but it was so cover up with oil and dirt a person could not tell what was what looking at the pics I took.
I guess that once I get the brake linkage in place maybe all will line up better with that square head bolt.Now to try and get it all wired up and working,just another speed bump.Kiwi thanks so much for going through all this trouble taking apart your lathe and posting pics.Those pics were a big help to me getting all these pieces together and working and its still original.
Limit Switch: Is the purpose of the limit switch is a safety?If cover is remove it will shut down the lathe?

I would assume that's what the limit switch would do. Can't think of any other reason for it. It probably only has two wires. Trace them out and see where they go.

limit switch there is also one on the cupboard door in right hand pedestal so the machine can't be run with them open on my machine this is dysfunctional as the cupboard doors were removed whilst it was in the prison service I'll have to make some when time permits there is another master for sale at a good price kinda tempted

Back