Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry had his comments on responsibility, now mine.
I was underwhelmed by the non-posting of 'what you kept' even though it was repeatedly mentioned by organizers/supervisors.
I reviewed this entire thread and analyzed the posts for Box 1. Only 7 people wrote a description of what they kept and only 5 of the 7 included even one picture. One fellow posted a picture with zero description/comment.

The low proportion of people sharing their 'keepers' greatly diminished the value of the process for me.

I'm surprised that Terry seems to be carrying on in this thread rather than staring a new one. Maybe "Pass Around 2016".
Take all the best practices with you and leave all the rest behind. Oh well. Good luck.

Autonoz and I continue to carry this forward because people are interested in participating in it. It is an enjoyable and even educational experience, plus it helps to build a bit of camaraderie amongst the participants. It also promotes involvement in H-M and may help to bring some of the 'lurkers' out of hiding. Keep in mind that Autonoz is the originator of the thread, and I am just helping out. Having two people is far better just in case something happens to one of them. Additionally, Billy G has been kind enough to check in on us from time to time to make sure that things are going well and to provide any moderator assistance if any is needed.

I agree that more photos would be nice. I am even guilty in this area of not providing a photo of what I kept right away, as I had no camera available at the time. I did provide a description of what items I retained, however. Once a camera was available I took photos and then posted them. I agree that we should all be a bit more energetic about getting photos and descriptions posted after the box has been in our possession, at minimum a written description should be required. A higher level of participation regarding the items retained would make the entire project more enjoyable for everyone.

I do like the idea of starting a new thread, "Pass Around 2016" is a good idea, with a target for completion before the end of the 2016 year. This would allow a little less than two weeks per person if there are 26 on the list as there was on the first box. Autonoz can you chime in here? Pass Around 2016 would be for Box 1, Round 2. This thread would be allowed to continue until Box 2 has completed its tour. Once completed this thread would have a final post directing interested parties to the new thread, then this one would be closed and locked by a moderator.

Looking forward to input folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
added thought---The last stop; some super- Humongousadapters only a small
number of us could us - could we invent away to warn the rest of us or some
thing ---------just an embarrassment, apologies, .........BLJHB

I would appreciate you adding my name to the list. I've been following this from the beginning and enjoyed the comments, reply's and the generous items placed in the box by the members here. I promise that I will post pictures.

Bill

Bill, I will add you to Box #2 and to the 2016 box list since you have not yet participated. How's that for a two-fer? Can you reply with what sort of machines you have?

Liberal Arts, the very thing that you mention is why we like to know what equipment people have. That way other people that view the list can also see what sort of equipment other members down the line have, and the proper types of things can be put in the box.

Terry, You can put Sherline for both my mile and lathes. If that will help.

Box #2 is on it's way to Fl. Sorry for the delay my friends. Thanks for prayers and come on SPRING! Finally getting back on here I see I really fouled up. I had no intention of putting the brakes on this fun interesting venture. Some people just suck the fun out of things and I sure turned into this person. Or I just owned up to it and didn't realize I often was that person. Sometimes things don't go like they are supposed to I will try my best to butt out. I really appreciate this site and all the hard work that goes into it. Thanks for all the input and information I was able to glean from everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back