Pm-1340gt Arrived!

AirWolf

Registered
Registered
My lathe arrived yesterday afternoon!! I feel like a kid at Christmas!

After taking 10 minutes to get the lathe from the front of an otherwise empty truck due to a mis-loaded and broken pallet - the driver had a bit of a scare on the lift gate... and I really think my heart stopped for a couple of seconds!!
GOPR0135.jpg

Learned a little later the headstock was at that end with nothing supporting the weight!!

GOPR0144.jpg
GOPR0150.jpg

Had to get a bit aggressive getting the broken pallet out from under the lathe's pallet... driver had no idea why the loaders did that.

GOPR0158.jpg

This morning... sorry for the poor lighting...

Is this why there is sometimes an oil shortage in the world??? Lordy some of it was thick!!

GOPR0173.jpg

No, I didn't lose any fingers... they are behind the tool helping it along through that goop!

Ahhh... brings back memories.

You're going to love that lathe. I do mine. :D

Thanks for posting the pics and congratulations. I know you will really love that machine.

Aaah you guys are killing me with all these new lathes! Congrats on the new lathe!

I think they all come with broken pallets, just to make your life and getting it into the garage more difficult. Nice lathe choice, they run real smooth.

Thanks guys!! I will be asking for help with VFD settings, wiring, DRO install, etc. Never done this before but I am really excited to learn.

So you have the 3 phase version of this lathe? I am building a complete VFD control system with proximity stop for another forum member, and have several schematic designs for different systems. Send me a PM with your email and I can help work out a wiring diagram/parts/suggestions for the VFD build. The PDF file also includes WJ200 programming recommendations. Which DRO/scales are you planning on using? First thing I did on my PM1340GT was to put on a QCTP.

Dale, congrats on the lathe showing up and thanks for the pictures. Keep 'em coming.

Mike.

Man these trucking companies really get on my nerves sometimes, but glad delivery ended up going ok! Thankfully their liftgate looks pretty decent on that truck.

Back