Ran when Parked.

Yuriy I shipped the unit to you today. Inside the cover is a handwritten note with my email address and mailing address. Just let me know when and how much I owe you and I will take care of it.

My sincere thanks for your help.
Terry Cannon
Terry,
So, good news/bad news - I fixed the board and all four inputs are working now (two connectors were completely pulled off the board).
The bad news is that I don't have enclosure designed for this version. I have a design for the next version of the board (with micro-USB power input).
I'm going to drop off the board at USPS tomorrow. The connectors should hold, though. When properly soldered, the tabs hold pretty well. The problem with this batch was cold solder (so the tabs were never properly attached).
Regards
Yuriy

When I saw the title, I was thinking you were referring to a car. It reminded me of an ad in our local paper several years ago. Someone was trying to get rid of a 1972 Chevy Vega. The title of the ad in big bold letters was "RAN AT ONE TIME". I'm sure it did, but everyone I know that had one didn't have them running for long. The engines either fell apart, or they were totally destroyed in accidents that wouldn't be more than a fender bender to any other car.
I had several of the Vegas. The big problem with them was the aluminum block with hard anodized cylinders. When the anodizing wore through, the compression wouldn't be far behind. They were essentially 50K cars and anything past that was a gift. But in those days, you could buy a car for $50 and when it quit, just walk away from it.

I had several of the Vegas. The big problem with them was the aluminum block with hard anodized cylinders. When the anodizing wore through, the compression wouldn't be far behind. They were essentially 50K cars and anything past that was a gift. But in those days, you could buy a car for $50 and when it quit, just walk away from it.
had one of those also, the issue was a combo of the acid etched silicon rich aluminum block (which Porsche successfully on the 928) and the carb setup which would run rich, flooding the cylinders with fuel, washing the oil off and accelerating the cylinder wear. i even replace the block with a iron sleeved one which lasted about 3 months.

Terry,
So, good news/bad news - I fixed the board and all four inputs are working now (two connectors were completely pulled off the board).
The bad news is that I don't have enclosure designed for this version. I have a design for the next version of the board (with micro-USB power input).
I'm going to drop off the board at USPS tomorrow. The connectors should hold, though. When properly soldered, the tabs hold pretty well. The problem with this batch was cold solder (so the tabs were never properly attached).
Regards
Yuriy
Your help is very much appreciated. How much do I owe you? I will send it pay pal to your email if you have an account. Or I can pay you thru snail mail. Thanks so very much.

With apologies to @ltlvt & @ycroosh

Per Reynolds & GM (see this post), the real problem with the early Vega's was overheating and differential expansion of the CI head and Aluminum block: the original models didn't have a Coolant Recovery Tank" and the tiny cooling system would run hot, blow coolant then steam out of the system via the cap relief, and eventually not provide adequate cooling. I had a from new 1970 coupé and added an overflow tank, which was then replaced by GM during a recall; I also added a set of aftermarket gauges (oil pressure, amperage & temperature) with the temperature bulb located at the exit from the inlet manifold – I could almost tell how fast I was going by the temperature reading. Back in my reckless youth, when I would push this little guy at speeds up to 105 mph (max on the speedo [and down hill ;) ]), the coolant temperature would get up to 235°F. Traded it after four years on a Monza (Vega with a 238 cu.in. V8) and saw it back at the dealership a month later (new owner had run it dry). The Cosworth Vega's (special package) would burn their valves after less than 50,000 miles (due to a number of bad decisions).
yes you did not get to the 50k mile range, at that point most were blowing by so bad that i had to have a set of plugs to get to work then replace them to go home (30) mile trip. I never had overheating issues. overheating would kill the engine but would not produce the issues that I and a lot of others experienced.

Terry,
The board is in the mail. Don't worry about the payment. It took 10 minutes to reflow the connectors and retest the board.
Rest of y'all - can you please move the car conversation to the automotive section of the forum. It's REALLY confusing to keep track of two different overlapping threads.

Regards
Yuriy

Terry,
The board is in the mail. Don't worry about the payment. It took 10 minutes to reflow the connectors and retest the board.
Rest of y'all - can you please move the car conversation to the automotive section of the forum. It's REALLY confusing to keep track of two different overlapping threads.

Regards
Yuriy
I'm surprised you are asking others to move a conversation with a misleading title to another forum. This is the reason most forums prohibit vague or misleading thread titles. No one would suspect the subject is a connector on a circuit board with the original title. In my opinion It would be better to change the title to avoid further confusion and off topic discussion.

I'm surprised you are asking others to move a conversation with a misleading title to another forum. This is the reason most forums prohibit vague or misleading thread titles. No one would suspect the subject is a connector on a circuit board with the original title. In my opinion It would be better to change the title to avoid further confusion and off topic discussion.
Ya know, given that you jumped into this thread after 7th message, I'm going to venture to say that you at least suspected that it was not about the cars. Other clues would include photos of a defective board, and the fact that this thread was started under "TouchDRO - The DIY DRO Project"...

After reading through the previous posts, it was obvious it wasn't about a car. However, like most I don't necessarily read the fine print below the title before clicking on the thread. Once there I was surprised the subject was poor circuit board connections.

The title seemed totally out of line with the subject matter, and I felt a comment wasn't out of line. With nearly 1/3 of the responses relating to cars I wasn't the only one fooled by the title.

After reading through the previous posts, it was obvious it wasn't about a car. However, like most I don't necessarily read the fine print below the title before clicking on the thread. Once there I was surprised the subject was poor circuit board connections.

The title seemed totally out of line with the subject matter, and I felt a comment wasn't out of line. With nearly 1/3 of the responses relating to cars I wasn't the only one fooled by the title.
I'm not really sure I want to go into deep analysis of why you got confused, and who else got confused.
I think I asked reasonably politely to take the car conversation to a more appropriate section.

Back