Rat Rod Frame

What about a small turbine driving an alternator and using electric power for the drive? Those small turbines are very cheap ans since it is a truck, the bed could be a double layer for battery storage too. Imagine hearing the whoosh of a jet as your being passed by an antique vehicle. Bad ass and green too. Just a thought if youre not really concerned for perfect retsoration.
Bob

Hey Bob, can you elaborate on the small turbines you mentioned? And what are considering very cheap, I found some small ones that are used in RC airplanes and they are nearly 8 grand.

You can't beat a small block chevy for horsepower/dollar. Parts are cheap and abundant and so are motors....relatively speaking, that is. :))

How about an inline 4 cilinder Duetz diesel. They come up on fleabay, and Government auctions all the time. Best part about them they are air cooled, so no radiator, or hoses clutterin up the engine bay.

How about an inline 4 cilinder Duetz diesel. They come up on fleabay, and Government auctions all the time. Best part about them they are air cooled, so no radiator, or hoses clutterin up the engine bay.

That sounds perfect. The more oddball it is, the better it will suit the philosophy of a Rat-Rod.
They also have a unique sound that will turn heads. :yikes:

M

Never really gave the Duetz a thought but was thinking along that line as in 4 cylinder & diesel. I'll start watching for one. How easily will mating a tranny to one be?

Kurt Schreckling and Bob Violet models were selling one for about 2500.00 a while back. They burn kerosene just like a real turbine and have an onboard computer to start and run them. I wanted one, but my eyesight is too poor and they move too fast for me not to have a horrible outcome. I crashed my F1A 1 Meter pattern plane and that was an expensive loos too. Plane and all the gear was nearly 3 grand and it was a piston powered supecharged YS 1.20 CID. That was a bad day and it took a while to replace.
Bob

Back