Retractable Casters Help

N8TGK

Registered
Registered
Greetings! I have a 11.5' x 3.5' table made out of 3/8" steel plate and 3/8 x 3" angle iron, I estimate it weighs somewhere close to 900 pounds. I need to move said table into my new shop, that's enough of an adventure on it's own but I can do that.
I need to find a good caster for the table so I can position it and move it if I ever need to. I would like to have casters that are fully retractable and use the tables own legs rather than having its own legs. I want to pick the table up onto the wheels to move it.

I saw some that might work on amazon but they come in sets of 4 and due to the weight and having 6 legs I'd need to buy 2 sets and then I'd have 2 casters that I'd never use.

Does anyone have any good heavy duty casters to recommend? Preferably would come in a set of 6 and must total at least 1000lbs capacity.

Thanks!

No ideally I'd have something that rotates down from the side.
Would these work? If so, I've got spares...

I'd really rather avoid redoing the legs entirely and keep the bottom / feet of the legs as they are now. And I need a set of 6, I'd like to not have to buy too many if possible.

apparently my account too new to post links even if they have spaces or are in your reply, so I can't really say what I wanted to.

Can you post a picture of your bench?

I don’t think you’re gonna find anybody selling sets of six. You’ll have to buy singles if you want exactly 6.

Use four, one on each corner. Six may be hard to get to track. Pallet jack or Straddle Stacker type lift Load Wheels.

Last edited:
Use four, one on each corner. Six may be hard to get to track. Check out piano casters.
Do you know a set of 4 with a 1000lb weight rating? I was looking at some but they're all in the 600-800lb ratings and that's not enough. Problem is sets of 4 aren't heavy duty enough.

Can you post a picture of your bench?

I don’t think you’re gonna find anybody selling sets of six. You’ll have to buy singles if you want exactly 6.
I'll post a picture tomorrow once I dig it out and its daylight. It's literally sunken into the ground and covered in stuff, it's just been sitting in my yard for like the last 20 years.

I think I can post links now because I have 4 messages so here goes nothing.
I was looking at these and thinking about putting one on each corner, but I'm concerned about them only being 880lb rating, I estimate my table to be very close to that or a few pounds over.

Pallet jacks pick 3 to 5K lb on three wheels. Or something like these: https://shop.servicecaster.com/Rigid-Caster-Semi-Steel-Wheel-p/scc-30r3420-ssb.htm

Then add jack screws to anchor / level the table.
I was looking at those too but like I said I want to have something that can lift the table onto the wheels. I want a side mount thing that when not in use doesn't have its own legs / feet.

Something similar to this but with a bigger weight rating would be perfect. https://www.amazon.com/Retractable-...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1O5GP12SK56UY

Back