Retractable Casters Help

I have a couple of these rated at 1000 lb each that I use. Put some on my son’s BP dolly, then added jack screws to level the dolly. Too much trouble to make screw adjustable casters IMHO.

Attachments

• IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
I use a floor brake with my workbench. Just another idea.

Very good(best) easy push casters.

I was looking at these and thinking about putting one on each corner, but I'm concerned about them only being 880lb rating, I estimate my table to be very close to that or a few pounds over.
Buy these 4 or 6 and adjust your weight estimate down 75 lbs or so . These wheels don't have levelers either . On a table that large that's something to consider .

Greetings! I have a 11.5' x 3.5' table made out of 3/8" steel plate and 3/8 x 3" angle iron, I estimate it weighs somewhere close to 900 pounds. I need to move said table into my new shop, that's enough of an adventure on it's own but I can do that.
I need to find a good caster for the table so I can position it and move it if I ever need to. I would like to have casters that are fully retractable and use the tables own legs rather than having its own legs. I want to pick the table up onto the wheels to move it.

I saw some that might work on amazon but they come in sets of 4 and due to the weight and having 6 legs I'd need to buy 2 sets and then I'd have 2 casters that I'd never use.

Does anyone have any good heavy duty casters to recommend? Preferably would come in a set of 6 and must total at least 1000lbs capacity.

Thanks!
Maybe something like this would work for you.
I have a very heavy table with 1 1/2" bolts for feet under the legs so you can level it as needed. I wanted to be able to move it easily.
I installed the casters as shown.
To move it I simply screw the bolts up so the weight is on the casters. Then screw them back down when I get it to its new location.

Attachments

• 2023-10-17_02_51_06.jpg
    2023-10-17_02_51_06.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 13
Can you post a picture of your bench?

I don’t think you’re gonna find anybody selling sets of six. You’ll have to buy singles if you want exactly 6.

table compressed.jpg
Here you go

When I calculated previously I left out the rails, my new estimate brings it closer to 1100lbs. Sorry I'm still new at this and can't calculate weights of stuff well yet.

Well it’s your monkey, but if’n it were mine, I’d find a nice wall to back that up against and consider it home for good. Nothing good can come from an 1100 pound, 8’ long table rolling around the shop on swivel casters.

There’s plenty of solutions for wheels for that thing, but it seems unlikely to me that what you’re wanting will be durable enough. And I still think your gonna have to buy 2 four packs, or 6 singles.

Back