San Antonio Texas?

4gsr
which ones on the south side, I will also check them out. I get odd and ends of steel from one of them, Ashley and River city, But both have cleaned out pretty much the last time I was there. ...

I personally have not been to them myself. My buddy in Pleasanton checks it out often according to comments he has said.

Ugly dog could spend a few minutes at Rex Supply on the east side. I doubt they have any bargains there.

One of the metal suppliers I use is right over in that same industrial park.

You guys are gonna get me in trouble!
I'm gonna find some gem of old iron with a free sign, and I gonna have a problem finding room in the overhead compartment on the plane back.

Daryl
MN

Sounds like the only day that isn't programmed will be Saturday.
Liz (my wife) is asking if I can learn of a specific restaurant which has the "best" BBQ and other Texas fare.
Thanks for specific restaurant names!

Daryl
MN

The Best BBQ in Texas can only be properly answered (by a native) as MINE! We all do it, and it's all the best. Remember, it's a BIG state, and about 1.7 million BBQ joints that are KNOWN to exist. The best ones are the ones no one knows about. It's a question that has plagued mankind for centuries!

Tony,
Thanks for the invite.
What's your address?

Please imagine the smiley face that I don't know how to post.

Daryl
MN

You have Bill Miller's BBQ on nearly every street corner in SA! The Red Barn Steak House on the east side of downtown is a favorite among many. But in the downtown area including the Riverwalk, are several top notch Mexican food restaurants. You HAVE to eat Mexican food while in SA. As far real barbecue, there are few in SA, just can't think of the names. Heck, Google barbecue joints in San Antino, Texas. You should get more than a hand full to choose from!

4gsr, you trying to get him in trouble, He wants good BBQ, I hate to say sending him to Bill Millers, is much of anything but fast food BBQ, the last few times I tried it. The link I put in earlier has several in SA and surrounding areas. Plus if he looks he can find a few good hole in the wall joints which some times are the best BBQ that people do not know about. There is even one close to me, in Kirby, but he is not open all the time. And not even sure of the name of the place, Just drive past it every day, and have eaten there a couple of times when I did not want to cook my own.
And Mexican food is all over the place, Again some of the best, and most authentic is some of the whole in the wall places away from down town.

Back