SB9a Lathe plus numerous Machinist tools

That is a more modern/general term, but yes. ACME threads are a subset of trapezoidal. That tap is something most machinists would want to get hands on, so it makes your score even better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks. I don't know anything about it's quality as there are no markings whatsoever on it.

That is a more modern/general term, but yes. ACME threads are a subset of trapezoidal. That tap is something most machinists would want to get hands on, so it makes your score even better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
metric countries use the term TRAPEZOIDIAL for the metric equivalent of the Acme thread, which is 29deg. included angle, whereas, the metric thread is 30 degree included angle.

In a previous post, I asked about what these pointed items were; but the photo did not make them very visible. I took another photo showing these things better. Please let me know if you can id them.

Attachments

• 20240226_173512.jpg
    20240226_173512.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 9
In a previous post, I asked about what these pointed items were; but the photo did not make them very visible. I took another photo showing these things better. Please let me know if you can id them.
Nothing that I have seen before.

They look like they could be table stops or dogs/followers for mechanical motion control. You may not find a use for them without the machine they were made for.

Back