20240225_145757.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Misc. (5).jpg
    Misc. (5).jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Weld Vise.jpg
    Weld Vise.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 12
Final photo. These are extra large lantern tool holders and boring bars. Way too big for my lathes. Craigslist. Thanks for looking. Wouldn't have posted all these if a well know member on another thread I had going didn't encourage me to do so :).

Attachments

• Large Lantern Tools.jpg
    Large Lantern Tools.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 7
You've got some good stuff in there. I wanted to mention the Jacobs armature chuck is worth keeping. It's more than just for turning armatures, it can be used for any workholding in its range. It is also known as a "live chuck".

More. This is a cast iron table with dovetailed ways on bottom and slot on top. Large and heavy. Not sure what it is for. It is about 12" x 4" and has screw holes for gibs on 1 side of 1 of the dovetails. Not sure what I will do with this.
Does that dovetail fit your cross slide dovetail? Might be a separate style to hold other cutting tools.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

You've got some good stuff in there. I wanted to mention the Jacobs armature chuck is worth keeping. It's more than just for turning armatures, it can be used for any workholding in its range. It is also known as a "live chuck".
Yes, I think I will keep it. I did some you tubing and see that it can be very useful. Thanks.

Does that dovetail fit your cross slide dovetail? Might be a separate style to hold other cutting tools.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk
Good idea. Just went and measured. The cross slide dovetail is about .5" smaller on my lathe. I will check the Junior 9 later. It's crossslide dovetail may be a little wider, if I recall correctly.

More. Files clamp, pliers in 1st photo. Looks like some threading taps, roll of emery cloth, some kind of wrench, a long tap of sorts (help id please) in the 2nd photo. 3rd photo has leather strap that is long enough to make a new flat belt for the lathe, if I knew how to splice it. I think there are some You tube videos out there on doing so Alos, there is some kind of round plate that has a straight shaft (help id this please). 4th photo has boring bar screw on tips very large, too much for my lathes (Craigslist).

On the far left of the 2nd photo are a couple black steel items with a point on them. Sorry for the poor photo. If you can see them well enough, what are they.
The wrench thing at the right in pic #2 is for an Armsrtong boring tool holder, the slotted holes are for tightening the screw on boring tool caps onto the boring bars of different sizes.

The long tap seems to be an Acme thread tap. The "height scriber" is what we call a SURFACE GAGE.
Thanks. I just took some measurements of the Acme thread tap. It looks like a 1"-5 tpi. Feels pretty sharp too but hard to tell for sure. Is it also referred to as a "trapezoidal" tap?

Thanks. I just took some measurements of the Acme thread tap. It looks like a 1"-5 tpi. Feels pretty sharp too but hard to tell for sure. Is it also referred to as a "trapezoidal" tap?
That is a more modern/general term, but yes. ACME threads are a subset of trapezoidal. That tap is something most machinists would want to get hands on, so it makes your score even better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back