Shop Made Chamfering Machine

FLguy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Has any one made a fully adjustable chamfer, (beveling), machine? I've got, motor, bearings, cutters and so on. Seems like it would be a lot faster than using the mill. The cost of a good one is more than I want to pay and with having parts and a rough idea for it I"ll draw it up and see what problems are there that I haven't visualized. If any one got ideas or has built one can we hear from you?

I just use the mill with a countersink. They work just as well to chamfer an edge as they are countersinking a hole.

Wow, I just looked up the cost on a Kress router, wow. If you thought the factory made chamfering machine was expensive.

That could be made with an air or electric die grinder and a carbide burr.

Hmmm, just gave me an idea of what do with the brand new Rotozip I've never used. Of course I need a chamfering machine like I need another hole in my head.

-frank

That home made one on the youtube uses the end of the end mill to do the chamfering. It looks like the factory ones use the side of the end mill. I wonder if one cutting surface/location is better than the other? If you used the side you could move the end mill around when it gets dull in one spot.

Back