Slitting/slotting Saws What Brand/retailer?

Dan_S

Active User
Registered
I'm going to need a slitting saw for an upcoming project, but I know next to nothing about the subject. I've already got some good arbors picked out, but the actually blades are hard to find.

thus, what brands should I be looking for, and who has good prices on them?

I have one of the Enco HSS slitting saws. Even from Enco they are pretty expensive.
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=116&PARTPG=INLMK3&PMITEM=370-5410
I am happy with it so far, but it has only cut maybe 3 feet of aluminum and 2 feet of steel. I did use it to make a notch about 4" long and about 1.5" deep in a piece of aluminum. Even in my old PM23mv it handled the cut pretty easily and left a good finish for a saw.

If you will be making mostly shallow cuts, you can use the slotting saws instead.
Another thing I have seen done is using the carbide tipped 3" saw blades for little cordless circular saws. They seem to cut right through non-ferrous stuff
here is a link to one of my favorite YouTubers using one

EDIT: I saw your reply after I made my post.
You could probably do that with a hack saw and save yourself some money.

Dan

Grizzly has them starting at 4.95 and up depending on the size. Enco has U.S. made on sale but even with the 25% & free shipping they are $34.00 and up. That may be to pricey for some folks me included .

Stefan Gotteswinter just put up a couple of videos on this subject on youtube check him out and see how he does it.

Grizzly has them starting at 4.95 and up depending on the size. Enco has U.S. made on sale but even with the 25% & free shipping they are $34.00 and up. That may be to pricey for some folks me included .

Do you know if the Grizzly ones are any good?

I see the enco usa brand is Malco, does anyone know how good they are?
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INSRAR2&PMAKA=317-0554&PMPXNO=17876260
$15 doesn't seem bad to me, its a lot better than the $75+ I saw on other sites.

As I was pecking and huntin josh was posting:grin big:
Yes, I have used them in the past with out any complaints or problems and will use them again if needed.

I use the 3" saw blades now and have good luck with them I just go real slow with them.

Last edited:
Dan
I over looked that one.:(
If you can use the enco one you linked with the discount and free shipping that will be $11.75 I would go that route for sure.

Check out eBay. I just bought a new 3/16" x 5" side cutting saw for $20. Everywhere else I looked they were $100+.

Tom S

Back