Some Pictures Of The Pm-1228vf-lb

Thanks for the tips... I got the stand built and the lathe is on the stand in the shop. Not a hard lift as it can be balanced easily but the challenges of using an engine hoist and the width of the hoist always present some minor challenges.

Not plugged it in or de-greased it yet. I plan on taking the next couple of days and the weekend to get it leveled, cleaned and broken in... along with the oil change.

I have a new QCTP so the insight on those particulars will be helpful.

The only thing that I have noticed so far is that the drive pulley for the motor is very rusty.. should be a quick fix but I don't want to put a belt on that pulley until I clean it.

Does this lathe need a 20 amp circuit, or will it operate okay on a standard 15 amp circuit?

Looking at pictures on the PM site it looks like the D14 chuck mount is threaded on to the spindle. Could someone that has a 1228 see if that is the case?
Thank You

Dale,

I believe what you are seeing is simply the way the spindle is machined. It appears to be decorative grooves. Who knows why there are actually there. I am 99.9% sure that spindle and chuck mount assembly is only one piece.

I think mine was shipped with too much oil as well. I can't see the oil level through the glass piece. I constantly get oil dripping down from who knows where (not from drain plug) so I am guessing that's a sign of too much oil? I've been too busy making parts to drain it. Hoping to have time one of these weekends.

Dale,

I believe what you are seeing is simply the way the spindle is machined. It appears to be decorative grooves. Who knows why there are actually there. I am 99.9% sure that spindle and chuck mount assembly is only one piece.
Thank you I thought it should be 1 piece.

Back