South Korean Tanker with Acrylic Acid capsizes

I misspoke and I should have said wastewater system instead of plants, the wastewater system includes septic systems. If you think about the entire system, it is not a stretch at all. Wastewater treatment plants typically discharge into lakes and rivers, but septic systems discharge into the aquifer through the ground above it, and the aquifer feeds steams. The effluent discharged in the septic system leach fields percolates through the ground and pollutants are converted to harmless forms by time it reaches the aquifer, provided the system is not saturated, but many pharmaceuticals do not get broken down and end up in the aquifer unchanged. These can then get into small streams over time. Wastewater treatment plants operate basically the same, just at a much bigger scale, and they will require a special process to remove these contaminants, I’m not sure if that will be possible with septic systems. It’s possible it is a different source for the particular creek you are talking about, but it is a well known problem of septic systems causing pollution in streams, so it is a likely source.
Interesting, but the area drained by the creek is served by a municipal sewer system, so no septic systems are in use in the drainage.

Interesting, but the area drained by the creek is served by a municipal sewer system, so no septic systems are in use in the drainage.
Well, there goes that theory! I served on my town’s sewer and aquifer protection committees, and I also do wildlife photography, so I am genuinely interested in this subject. Out here, pretty much every drainage area has septic systems in it, so I thought that would be similar out your way.

Another thought, I’m not sure how likely this is, but remote lakes and ponds get populated with fish by fish eggs sticking to wading bird’s feet, I’m wondering if the eggs could be contaminated by fish in more polluted areas and then transported to the creeks where this was found. Just a random thought, feel free to tell me I am nuts.

It is all about the rate of change in the last 100 years. The PPM CO2 rate of change is unsustainable.
I'm hoping that I will be dead before this all falls apart. I feel bad for my kids. One of my daughters is considering children. I advised her not to. The chances of my grandchild making it to an old age are slim. That is the reality.
Wow!
It sounds like you have your mind made up so I'm not even gonna try to argue with you.
But I sure am glad that I don't have such a pessimistic view of the future.

Wow!
It sounds like you have your mind made up so I'm not even gonna try to argue with you.
But I sure am glad that I don't have such a pessimistic view of the future.
It's reality pal. Science.

Back