The very sad end to some remarkable equipment.

My heart goes out to you, but it could have been much worse...

It was, and continues to be awful but I was in the shop when it started on fire (sleeping in my easy chair!!) and after a couple fruitless attempts at putting the fire out I decided to get myself out before I couldn't any longer.

Seeing my wife and kids (after I woke them up on the orders of the FD) put all of this into the proper perspective.
I can and will restore or replace the machinery and will rebuild the garage, they're only things after all.
Having my children go through Christmas without their father would've been a tragedy infinitely worse.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Senna,
I know how painful it is to watch your beloved machinery get loaded unceremoniously onto a truck and taken to the scrap yard. You would probably never be able to get them flat and true again and if they were exposed to intense heat I am sure the bearings and seals were all melted and would require massive time, effort and expensive parts to restore to decent usable condition again. I hope your Insurance adjuster has taken good care of the situation and that you will be able to replace your machinery with new or comparable new to you machines again soon. Good luck and hope it all works out for the best as soon as possible.

Bob

Really sad at Your loss, but happy U All well.
These are material things, replaceable with better
And everything happens for a reason, which regrettably, our minute understanding cannot fathom
You are the better person for bearing it with fortitude
LORD BLESS
aRM

Back