TSL Belts?

Smitty, you've probably already figured this out, but I have the original manuals for my TSL-800, but they do not describe anything about the change gears. The only info, and I suppose the only stuff we really need is on the placards, showing the gear arrangements pictorially. It also identifies the gears as mod 1.5, and shows the full list of gears in the set, 8 gears. This is different than mine, which has 11 gears, with a 127 tooth included. I don't see how to get 13 TPI from the charts you pictured, and the gear sizes are quite different than mine. Will probably take some math, if you have not done that yet.
Likely, you would replace the gear on the QC box with of a multiple of 13 teeth and use a multiplier on the levers, you would set the box for 12 teeth and use a 26 tooth gear on the box and set the lever at double the indicated setting, or if you had a larger idler, you could set for 12 TPI and use a 13 T gear on the box and manipulate the lever(s) accordingly. I have had to do this on my Regal lathe for odd threads that the lathe ordinarily, like 27 TPI and 19TPI.

Back