WTB Vemco Drafting Machine

wachuko

Professor of Pending Projects
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
In case someone here wants to let go of their Vemco drafting machine...

Looking for one with scales...

I have an extra one somewhere. Looked for it a few months back. I have a left hand and a right hand.
Oh boy... left hand and right hand? I did not even knew those came in either configuration :D

How to determine which one would be best for me?

Thinking that I will need a right-hand version.

And then all you'll need is an Oak Mayline to round it all out. I am assuming you have your Ames Lettering guide, Erasing shield, lead pointer, triangles.....
I still have all my tools/supplies from college. I also have my father-in-law's as well... So yes, erasing shield, triangles, french curves, scales, templates...

Recently I got a cool old-school pencil sharpener... and some mechanical pencils. Both recommendatios from folks here in the forum.

I do not have lettering guides nor a fancy table...

All this is for the nostalgia. Always liked to draw with a pencil...

Last edited:
I still have all my tools/supplies from college. I also have my father-in-law's as well... So yes, erasing shield, triangles, french curves, scales, templates...

Recently I got a cool old-school pencil sharpener... and some mechanical pencils. Both recommended from folks here in the forum.

I do not have lettering guides nor a fancy table...

All this is for the nostalgia. Always liked to draw with a pencil...
I have been drafting for dollars since I was in High school in the very late 70's and the very early 80's, moved to CAD in the early 90's and I truly miss the satisfaction I got when drawing manually. I too still have my tools, I have the Mayline table but my machines were in a house fire a couple years ago so I lost those, I had a K&E and a Mutoh, of which I like the Mutoh the best because the K&E's bands ran through tubes making them difficult to tighten.....

I'm missing a lot of the accessories - lead pointer, erasing shields. etc. Since they are pretty cheap to ship perhaps if any has some they can let go...?

Some of that stuff was still available at Office Max last time I went (the small stuff).

Back