WTB Vemco Drafting Machine

I'm missing a lot of the accessories - lead pointer, erasing shields. etc. Since they are pretty cheap to ship perhaps if any has some they can let go...?
I think Texas Art Supply still carries a lot of the small stuff new...

@CJ5Dave let me know if you are willing to sell one of the drafting machines.

I still have all my tools/supplies from college. I also have my father-in-law's as well... So yes, erasing shield, triangles, french curves, scales, templates...

Recently I got a cool old-school pencil sharpener... and some mechanical pencils. Both recommendatios from folks here in the forum.

I do not have lettering guides nor a fancy table...

All this is for the nostalgia. Always liked to draw with a pencil...
And then all you'll need is an Oak Mayline to round it all out. I am assuming you have your Ames Lettering guide, Erasing shield, lead pointer, triangles.....

Correction... I do have a lettering set now... As of a few minutes ago :D . Going to have to get that lettering guide now...

Lettering Set-2.jpg
Lettering Set.jpg

You have the nice wooden box lettering set. Mine is plastic. Found it in the garage last week when my wife painted.
I just got it of eBay... just now... hopefully is a complete set...

You have the nice wooden box lettering set. Mine is plastic. Found it in the garage last week when my wife painted.
@CJ5Dave is this for ink use only, or can I use a lead/graphite tip instead? Is there a provision in the kit for using graphite tip?

Beautiful set, I have a similar set. Now all you need is a set of tech pens, I have used the pen like the one shown but the tech pens are better.
Can you recommend a specific brand/style?

So that means that it could also work with a mechanical pencil?

I have a right handed Vemco that I would be happy to part with, have at least 1 set of scales for it. I'll get photos tomorrow if your interested. I'm in northern Illinois but willing to ship.

Back