Vise Stop

I made a similar stop for a Kurt vise years ago. Mine was a knock-off of the Kurt stop, so it doesn't pivot out of the way. How much play is in the pivot?

I made a similar stop for a Kurt vise years ago. Mine was a knock-off of the Kurt stop, so it doesn't pivot out of the way. How much play is in the pivot?

I imagine you are asking how big the slotted hole is in the pivot? It would measure about 1/2" x 7/8".

Jack

Im just curious, how often do you use your swivel base on your vice? I took mine off years ago so id have more throat. I vary rarely ever put it back on. Nice stop btw I have one that bolts to the milling table , but i do like the fact yours swivels out of the way

Im just curious, how often do you use your swivel base on your vice? I took mine off years ago so id have more throat. I vary rarely ever put it back on. Nice stop btw I have one that bolts to the milling table , but i do like the fact yours swivels out of the way

I've only had the vise/swivel for a week, so I haven't used it yet. It only takes 1 3/4", so I doubt I'll miss the space. I do plan to make or buy a stop in the future that bolts to the table, which would work good for longer parts.

Jack

Back