Wanted USA Tap Handles

View attachment 437536

Here's my favorite one on the top part of this photo that I made. I used the one on the bottom of the photo from my old tap and die set so I could copy the parts.

The balls are aluminum, the rest is cold roll material and the gripping parts were made with some hardenable steel. It was a fun project.
I should make a bigger one next. This one will handle up to 5/16 inch taps easily. Total length is about 8 inches. The balls give it a great
feel and makes tapping much less of a chore and easy on the hands too. I have posted this before and found it in my HM photo album.

I like it...great project!

I hate my small and medium tap handles, and have finally given up on them! I'm looking for something like a Greenfield No. 5 or 6 or a Starrett 91B or C. Generally something in the 9" to 14" range and maybe one of each size. I can find them on eBay but figured I'd see if anyone here has something first. Thanks!
I made this and it's great.

I have quite a few #6s and #7s from Greenfield / TRW . I can unload a few sets of both and there are plenty other sizes as well . I'll make this a project for the day .

Back