Welcome! Please stop in and tell me what you would like from this board.

I know nothing about the Prazi/Hobbymat machines and don't own any (quite like the look of the Compact 10 though ;)) but I think in the context, DDR stands for Deutsche Demokratische Republik, AKA the old East Germany. :)
Ok, thank you for clarifying. Most of the stuff I have , like the center and accessories are all marked DRG

Ok, thank you for clarifying. Most of the stuff I have , like the center and accessories are all marked DRG
DRG might be the anglicised version maybe, "Democratic Republic of Germany"?

Reckon how many of these machines are still out there? There’s doesn’t seem to be much out on the net about them but I have heard that once upon a time they were very popular with jewelers and model makers

Reckon how many of these machines are still out there? There’s doesn’t seem to be much out on the net about them but I have heard that once upon a time they were very popular with jewelers and model makers
I tried looking on lathes.UK, but there was no info available.

It might be hard to figure given all of the different brands they were sold under, let alone factoring in the Chinese clones.

I tried looking on lathes.UK, but there was no info available.

It might be hard to figure given all of the different brands they were sold under, let alone factoring in the Chinese clones.
Yeah, you’re right.got a quick question for you. On my change gear setup. All the gears that are on the machine are Black in color. I have a complete set of white Prazi change gears. The issue I’m having is my spindle speed is running wide open. Is that going to be an issue with the change gear setup or something else. Not very familiar with this machine yet. There was a piece of tape that said the black gears were only for testing

Yeah, you’re right.got a quick question for you. On my change gear setup. All the gears that are on the machine are Black in color. I have a complete set of white Prazi change gears. The issue I’m having is my spindle speed is running wide open. Is that going to be an issue with the change gear setup or something else. Not very familiar with this machine yet. There was a piece of tape that said the black gears were only for testing

The problem is your spindle speed or you’re concerned about the gears at this speed?

"No information" is a bit unfair: http://www.lathes.co.uk/hobbymat/

There's a page on Prazimat too: http://www.lathes.co.uk/hobbymat/page3.html

He also sells manuals and some parts too.

:unsure:

Ah…. Yeah, I meant info on production numbers.

The problem is your spindle speed or you’re concerned about the gears at this speed?

:unsure:

Ah…. Yeah, I meant info on production numbers.
Oh yeah, well that's going to be difficult to come up with. It was the DDR, not known for keeping accurate records (apart from of Stasi informers, and the people they informed on, to whit the entire population. :grin:

It’s the spindle speed. It’s wide open. Maybe I just have something set wrong. As I said, I just got it running and not very familiar with it. Not sure how many rpm it’s turning but it’s moving on,lol

Back