What Did You Buy Today?

That extra scale, should be a vernier scale which would allow reading 1/10th of the scale on the thimble.

You'll want to read up on how to use that, or watch some videos. On my imperial mics they allow reading 0.0001" resolution.

A must have for a mic in my opinion!

Great, thanks for confirming. I assume reading it is the same as reading a vernier scale on a caliper, but I’ll try and find some videos on YouTube to make sure. I can’t imagine I’ll need to measure down to a micron, but it’s nice to know I have the option if In the very very distant future I get good enough to need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Moore and Wright stuff, I have a few of their mic's as well as other more "old school" calipers and things. They were more common in my area than Starrett or Brown and Sharpe -- we have a bigger UK connection here -- so Moore and Wright, Marples, Myford, etc were often used in the school shops.

Great, thanks for confirming. I assume reading it is the same as reading a vernier scale on a caliper, but I’ll try and find some videos on YouTube to make sure. I can’t imagine I’ll need to measure down to a micron, but it’s nice to know I have the option if In the very very distant future I get good enough to need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try this video from Blondiehacks (vernier scale on micrometers starts at 17:25).

A few years ago I was looking for a 12” machinists level. In the past I’ve always used Starrett products and was very happy with them.

However I didn’t want to pay close to $500.00 for one. I found a Moore & Wright engineers level for about $100.00. I’ve used it on many occasions and feel it’s just as good quality as the Starrets at a fraction of the price

Picked up a unimat-sl today. 3&4 jaw chucks. Has parts guy said is a milling machine adapter. Parts missing I’m pretty sure. Runs quite. One of those don’t need but had to get type things.

Attachments

• F2455996-6319-4629-91AE-A47740F45349.jpeg
    F2455996-6319-4629-91AE-A47740F45349.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 37
  • D2C7CB0F-D48D-4EFC-9A9E-AC3C8B07DD0A.jpeg
    D2C7CB0F-D48D-4EFC-9A9E-AC3C8B07DD0A.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 37
Took advantage of Woodcratf's January deal on Dust Collection Accessories (25% off) and finally installed the chip catcher on my Mini-Mill in a more user-friendly location than previously:

Loc-Line on Mill Front.jpeg

Loc-Line on Mill Side.jpeg
Two 45's, two couplings (1 new & 1 re-used) and a re-used clamp (I tried for an extra discount since the 45's cost the same and mitered 90, but they didn't agree with my math). Now I just need to modify the previous setup for use on my Mini-Lathe.

In spite of the Woodcraft wit telling me, "Remember, it takes three visits to get everything you need," I did it in one (of course, I had been churning this around in my head for a couple of weeks).

Darn you! I had to order a couple of these too. Just cheap enough, I don't think I could make them for that price...

You all are a bad influence!
oh, you can make them for that price. And have enjoy making them too.

Back