What Did You Buy Today?

Not to be political but as a side interest we have the second amendment to our Constitution and when there is doubt about what it means one only needs to look up federalist paper number 46 and read it, specifically the last 3 paragraphs if one doesn't want to read the entire document.

Poor photographs of the last few paragraphs. Since I had the Federalist Papers within reaching distance ………

image.jpg
image.jpg

I wish we had more liberal gun laws here in Finland. I would like to own a firearm, but the amount of bureaucracy involved in acquiring one is just too much. If I started taking gun safety lessons today, I could legally own a .22 pistol in ca. two years from now.

I wish we had more liberal gun laws here in Finland. I would like to own a firearm, but the amount of bureaucracy involved in acquiring one is just too much. If I started taking gun safety lessons today, I could legally own a .22 pistol in ca. two years from now.
Really?

I was under the impression that the proximity of Russia and the history of [ahem], un-looked-for visits from said country, has resulted in Finland being quite firearm friendly, culturally?

Ian McCollum's Forgotten weapons channel often shows him taking part in quite a few of military-scenario type shooting competitions over there ('Finnish Brutality' is the main one he attends regularly IIRC).

Really?

I was under the impression that the proximity of Russia and the history of [ahem], un-looked-for visits from said country, has resulted in Finland being quite firearm friendly, culturally?

Ian McCollum's Forgotten weapons channel often shows him taking part in quite a few of military-scenario type shooting competitions over there ('Finnish Brutality' is the main one he attends regularly IIRC).
Things must have changed since I visited Finland in 1968'69 and 70 As I understood it then the gun laws in Finland were quite liberal. Every guy I met, and some of the gals had a decent hunting rifle. Things change, Australia used to be like that back then.

Yes, we used to have very liberal gun policies until the Jokela and Kauhajoki school massacres :guilty: I personally find the collective punishment for these individuals' actions quite disproportionate. I sincerely hope things will take a turn for the better, at least there are some positive signals.

Yes, we used to have very liberal gun policies until the Jokela and Kauhajoki school massacres :guilty: I personally find the collective punishment for these individuals' actions quite disproportionate. I sincerely hope things will take a turn for the better, at least there are some positive signals.

Yep, sadly there are always enough people in the irresponsible parts of the press, who generally don't know enough/anything about firearms, ready to whip up a frenzy in the section of the public who know nothing about firearms (and depending on the country, that section can effectively be a lot of voters) to make politicians (who, especially these days, tend to be mostly fickle careerists with no backbone) introduce knee-jerk legislation.

It's a nasty little chain and doesn't just affect firearms. Pick any issue and the press, the public and the politicians will be ready to get out the pitchforks. Obviously the internet, for all its other benefits, has made that effect far worse but the effect was always there.

Eh..plus ca change. :dunno: :rolleyes:

I have a few. Each of my vehicles has one riding around in the glove box. A small collection at my house, essentially I have more than I need. None of them do much, they are essentially harmless

Nuff Said

Attachments

• IMG_2785[1].JPG
    IMG_2785[1].JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 43
Got some stuff from the flea market today. The first purchase was two Norton flap wheels, a 8” wire wheel a bunch of USA made taps, 3” flat belt, a almost unused Nicholson lathe file, just light corrosion, wiss tin snips that have light rust, a 3/4” craftsman wrench for the draw bar, two big twist drills, both are US made and the one has a MT3 shank for the southbend. And not picture is a 0-25 ft lb snap on torqometer in great condition. This bunch was $50.IMG_6901.jpeg
I then got a set of SPI squares for $30IMG_6900.jpeg

Back