What Did You Buy Today?

Ordered one of these to get all the dimensions needed to make three more...

WT-BS-4.jpg
WT-BS-5.jpg
WT-BS-6.jpg

These are missing on the 10" Walker-Turner bandsaw... I have to say, photos really do not capture how small these bandsaws are!

I wonder if these are strong enough to be use for cutting metal (with the correct pulley setup to slow them down)...

WT-BS-1.jpeg

Still going over it to see what else it is missing. I will cut a piece of wood to make the extension. You can see the bracket for it on the table.

In the back of my storage garage, I have the 12" version of that saw, only the lower wheel has been taco'd*. I keep an eye out for a spare, but so far no luck.

*entirely my fault, as I used a Proto 10 ton puller to attempt the removal, as that had the right arm length. But, sadly, was able to put way to much force on it.

In the back of my storage garage, I have the 12" version of that saw, only the lower wheel has been taco'd*. I keep an eye out for a spare, but so far no luck.

*entirely my fault, as I used a Proto 10 ton puller to attempt the removal, as that had the right arm length. But, sadly, was able to put way to much force on it.
Have you though about fabricating a new wheel for it?

Ouch :confused:...

Besides those knobs I am missing some spacers that go in that area... I will need to figure out the correct thickness for those. But those should be easy to make.

I sent an email to Walker-Turner

Walker Turner Serviced Machinery LLC
PO Box 711
Coventry, CT 06238

wtservice@walkerturnerllc.com

They have the metal emblems available. So went ahead and ordered two.

Metal Emblem for wheel cover with screw rivets - Original OEM / VGC (see photo of actual tags)................ $ 40.00 each

Here is a photo they sent me to show what I will be getting. Just the emblems of course...

CD4F13D4-3BFC-4954-AF94-71E495DA2215.jpeg

I know... not needed and the two cost me just as much as I paid for the complete band saw. But I really wanted those and was not successful finding them used.

Last edited:
Found a 5C collet chuck I’ve been looking for.
This Hardinge design is very well made.
I saw it on Ebay, so I jumped.
I should sell my Jacob’s rubber flex with all the collets but this doesn’t quite replace it.
I stripped it, cleaned, greased and reassemble. It’s like new for reals :)

When I took it apart to clean I noticed the sun and planetary gears were not matched to the dots.
I would imagine this would affect runout.
As it is now, I had a piece of .750" drill rod with a Hardinge 5C collet. I measured .0007" runout.
I'm happy with that. Plus, the taper locks up great. I found a good one.

Attachments

• IMG_2208.jpeg
    IMG_2208.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2209.jpeg
    IMG_2209.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back