What's wrong with people these days? RANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
@woodchucker

I don't consider the OP a RANT at all. It's just very rational comments on life today.

The only reply that I want to publish is that I think the hairdresser is negligent by not protecting her business better.
No mask = NO SERVICE and take everyone's temperature before they take a chair.

This COVID thing is going to be a long haul.

@woodchucker

I don't consider the OP a RANT at all. It's just very rational comments on life today.

The only reply that I want to publish is that I think the hairdresser is negligent by not protecting her business better.
No mask = NO SERVICE and take everyone's temperature before they take a chair.

This COVID thing is going to be a long haul.
Right now masks are not mandatory. It's a personal responsibility. I don't blame the establishment, there are many people who would rather fight than put the mask on. What I do blame is the customer that knowingly walked in, got their hair done, and then told them they had covid.
They wanted their hair done F everyone else. So now the salon closed for a day, hired a company to come in and clean.. (lost a day + paid out a day)... Not to mention possibly infecting anyone in that day.. I don't know if they closed immediately afterwards though, but I'll assume they did, so maybe a day and a half. That person proclaiming it after knew exactly what they were doing... These days its me , me , me...
had she worn a mask she still would have been wrong, but at least lessened the possibility of spreading her virus.

Gotta get back to work, almost done with my quick adjuster... Got a late start today...

How's that philosophy working out? :(
Here in UK masks are "not mandatory" ( though that situation might change again soon).
BUT
Businesses and homefolk are imposing their own terms, regardless. We are getting back to something like lockdown, even though there is no lockdown. Travel agents are reeling amid cancellations. Pubs, hotels, and everything in the hospitality sector is about cancellations. And folk are wearing masks - everywhere. This kind of self-policed situation has happened spontaneously. UK is back to being a runaway COVID hazard, despite having one of the fastest and most widely delivered vaccination efforts on the planet, and the people know it. The mask mandate is effectively there, despite there isn't an official one.

That nobody has any right to freely go around being a public health hazard because of some philosophy, is being imposed by the community without need for coercion from laws. Almost as a side-effect, I sense there is also steadily less tolerance for most other kinds of bad behavior.

At school there’s kids walking out of class and not coming back then get mad when they get in trouble! Teachers should still be able to hit students, some really need a good beating. People getting COVID three time in one year then say that the shot doesn’t work because their friend said so! Where did common sense go?

I got my hair cut a couple months ago. I had to remove my mask so they could do the cutting. I could quite imagine with some masks, and hair cuts, keeping a mask entirely on would be well nigh impossible.

As for the client being covid positive, that is another issue.

I have a strange view on the current "panic variant of the week (Omicron)". For most people the symptoms are much more mild than the Delta variant. As far as I know, they haven't reported any Omicron Deaths; the deaths we are seeing are the Delta variant. If Omicron confers immunity when caught, it could be the vehicle which gives antibodies for those not vaccinated. For this reason, it is not an entirely bad thing.

My employer mandated the vaccine to stay employed. It seemed a bit draconian. Now there are three injunctions/stays against the mandates in the USA. Some of my co-workers (3) who got vaccinated (and had serious complications from the shot which required additional treatment), they all wished they had waited for the courts to do their thing. No vaccine is without risks.

At school there’s kids walking out of class and not coming back then get mad when they get in trouble! Teachers should still be able to hit students, some really need a good beating. People getting COVID three time in one year then say that the shot doesn’t work because their friend said so! Where did common sense go?
not sure about the hitting. But grabbing a kid to take them to the principle yea.. I have seen both sides, where the kids are out of control, but I have also seen where the teacher is a jerk.

gotta go, dinner's ready...

Yeah, teachers hitting kids = not good. I grew up in the Era where that was ok. Sometimes got hit just because. There are a few teachers (and a school principle) that I would have enjoyed bringing their 'punishment full circle".

Fortunately, I think the jerks are in the minority. They do make themselves known better than the rest of humanity and it is frustrating/maddening.

People are murdering people at an alarming rate.... BUT, it is better than it used to be 30 years ago. In the USA, for example, it was about 9/1000000 in 1990 but now it is "only" 5/100000 people per year. Roughly 4X the UK and 8X Netherlands and more than double Canada at the moment. (source)

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/murder-homicide-rate

My hair-cutter has zero-tolerance for non-mask wearing. As a result, I feel safer getting my hair cut. They used a couple of small pieces of tape to keep the mask in place as they were snipping around the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back