What's your favorite comedy?

skogkatt007

Registered
Registered
I opened this page requesting help on a particular issue. That can wait.

There's a new full episode of Community on boobtube. I had to watch it. I've watched all of them multiple times. I own the entire series on DVD (which didn't include the pilot for some reason). I nearly never buy any video or even audio stuff. It's just rare. I never fail to get a kick out of watching it. Some episodes are kind of blah. But overall, in my opinion, it is the most enjoyable show ever aired. I should point out that besides Community, and prior actually, Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles was my fave. I really love them both. The latter was very thought provoking. An asset to the franchise in my opinion.

I don't watch tv. I enjoy a good show. Or movie. The last one I viewed, on DVD, was the Boys. It was disgusting. But I binged the whole series. I ain't a prude, but they could have left out all the sexed up bs. Whatever. Yes I am awaiting tje 4th season. But I will not pay for it.

So this is really about broadcast tv stuff. Comedies or otherwise.

Community is rather an acquired taste. The jokes sometimes are rather blase (yet NO other sitcom has had me laughing, and choking, with tears running down my face, albeit only 1 time), and likely not as hysterically funny, in it's day, as say Seinfeld. Again it's an all around ground breaking, politically in(I really don't give a ****)ct celebration of humor. Give it a try.

Comedy, with my favorites not necessarily in this order, but Friends, Two and a Half Men (Charlie Sheen episodes), Ted Lasso, Shrinking, and Boston Legal. I'm sure there are more if I think about it. Years ago, a show called Blue Mountain State was stupidly hilarious. Not a favorite, but I liked Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The main character was tiring, but the others were very good.

Many, many. Just listing a few…

Comedy:

Welcome back, Kotter
Sanford and Son
Soap
Cheers
Seinfeld
Night court (original 1984 series)
The Benny Hill Show
Two and a half men (yeah, Charlie Sheen’s)
The Big Bang theory
Frasier
How I met your mother
Hogan’s Heroes

Series:

Supernatural
Dr. Who
Bones
Perry Mason
Columbo
The X Files
Monk
The Witcher
Castle
Lucifer
Law & Order - both SVU Unit and Organized Crime

Last edited:
Stooges-hilarious:
Higher than a kite
Boobs in arms
Micro phonies

Bobs Burgers
Arrested Development
Home Improvement
Malcolm in the Middle
Everybody Loves Raymond

I can’t say I’m up to date on what’s on tv. Ever since they digitized broadcast tv, I haven’t watched it. Gotta buy some device or something. Idk. Now I just see Netflix and YouTube mostly.

The last one I viewed, on DVD, was the Boys. It was disgusting. But I binged the whole series. I ain't a prude, but they could have left out all the sexed up bs. Whatever. Yes I am awaiting tje 4th season. But I will not pay for it.

I read the comic. Actually, I devoured it. I'll read anything Garth Ennis writes, he's explicit and extreme with a purpose. Good stuff. But I haven't watched the series, because I didn't want to spoil my experience with the books- there's no way they could capture it on the level that the original medium did. It's not a made for hollywood Michael Chrichton story, after all.

My wife and I broke a one year fast by watching a series this week. True Detective: Night Country. That was worth it. Nice to see something that doesn't represent the mind-numbing carp that followed the pandemic shutdown.

Back