11 days off ( - 5 1/2 hrs )

I had four days off this week. Spent them with my leg elevated and an ice pack on it. Hope your days off are better than mine. LOL

I work out of my house and most people my age are retired, so all my neighbors think I'm retired. But I never worked anyplace that had retirement. So my home biz is my retirement :) which I'm totally grateful for.

When I was punching the clock the thing that irked me the most was having to hire guys to do around the house what I didn't have time for, @3-4x's what I made at my stupid jobs. I just don't get these guys who are bored and go back to work. I got a big kick out of Harold Hall's bio that said not until he retired did he actually have time for what really mattered, learning machining, editing a magazine and writing books!

Tomorrow night will be my 17th day straight working... then I'll get 4 days off, then work straight through until Christmas eve...

Its tiring, but it pays the bills...

I've been working like that all year... so far, I have worked 768 hours of OT since the middle of January.

-Bear

Yeah can’t wait myself. On the 10th starts my vacation and I don’t go back till 1/13. I’ve been taking the month of dec. off for the last 13yrs. It’s a slow time for my work and we can’t roll them over so I have to take them. I like it gives me some time to knock out the to-do list. This year is some wood shop making some bathroom cabinets. Can’t wait!

Oh well . A slight change it seems . 12 hours tonight as well as dayshift Fri and Sat . :rolleyes:

Oh well . A slight change it seems . 12 hours tonight as well as dayshift Fri and Sat . :rolleyes:
That sux! Hope you some kind of good overtime, double time.

Back