12-20 Tap Can You make One?

It sounds like you may be on your way to getting some taps, but if not, I'd offer to heat treat some homemade ones. I dont have the time to make the tap itself, but if someone made them from tool steel and sent them my way, I could heat treat them and send to you. Not the best option, but maybe a last resort.
Thank you very much I will keep that in mind. I am getting closer to finding some but if things don't work out I will check back. Thanks again

If you did, I know it wasn't intentional. It doesn't look like a legitamate company as things have progressed. Paypal will make it right eventually. Thanks for trying to help

If you did, I know it wasn't intentional. It doesn't look like a legitamate company as things have progressed. Paypal will make it right eventually. Thanks for trying to help
I happened to type "12-20 Stanley tap" into eBay yesterday and there was a seller with one tap for $15.

Bruce

Thanks bought one from him a few days ago and he said he had a couple more, one of which you are seeing listed. They are "vintage" and listed as used. I don't know how used. I was able to find 3 new ones from a distributer that had them on a shelf but weren't formally listed as in their current stock. I may pick up the eBay guy's if the one I ordered from him is not too worn. Thanks for thinking about me.

Thanks bought one from him a few days ago and he said he had a couple more, one of which you are seeing listed. They are "vintage" and listed as used. I don't know how used. I was able to find 3 new ones from a distributer that had them on a shelf but weren't formally listed as in their current stock. I may pick up the eBay guy's if the one I ordered from him is not too worn. Thanks for thinking about me.

Wonder how hard it would be to sharpen them. Like all things, probably depends on what equipment you have. If its a straight flute tap i wonder if you could put together a fixture to dress the cutting edges.

I will take a look. I have no machining tools, other files etc. I may have a narrow slip stone. I am a woodworker.

Back