12" LeBlond Regal

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
This mite follow me home Saturday morming the price is right and its only about 20 miles away.

It was gotten at a Goverment sale and never taken off the skid, Jus set in a shop and left there.

It does have some surface rust and I'm taking my scraper along to see how bad it really is. I enlarged the pictures and the compound looks like it was never hit by the chuck.

The problem is where to put it, Something will have to go but what? Its hard to give up one of your machines.

Paul

Lathe.jpg 5N15I95Fa3Ia3F33Ndc5q87c3b982635713e1.jpg 5Kd5H35Me3G13M13pdc5qafc297aba8d51e10.jpg 5K15F35M23Mf3F33Nbc5q33edf8df3f691c47.jpg

I hope it does follow you Paul! That looks like it would make a nice lathe when cleaned up.

Nice score. I've got the 13x30 regal. Leblond was conservative in measuring their swing - mine actually goes about 14.5 - so your 12 might hit 13 or so.
There's a yahoo group for the Leblond - if you check it out you might find some good info - there's at least a couple of manuals available.

The guy said it was a 12" how ever the tag saids 13", I had to do some work to that picture to see it. So thats even better.

Thanks Geno but if-n I get it it mite should stay close to home.:biggrin:

Paul

Re: 13" LeBlond Regal

Well I got it home this morning, The rust comes right off with some WD-40 and some fine steel wool. It is a 13" and the seral number is B11573.

Now I've got to figure out what to do with the 10" Clausing I have.

Paul

Back Front.JPG Back Half.JPG Back Rear.JPG Carrage.JPG Front Half.JPG Head Stock.JPG Rear Ways.JPG

Geno right now I'm just going to clean it up and give it a workout, Make sure every thing is ok and then paint it.

Paul

Thanks Geno I've used some of there paint but not the spray can stuff, I'll give it a try.

Paul

Back